AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

My products do not appear in Google Shopping although they have been approved. What do I need to do?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've successfully uploaded my product list/feed in Google Merchant Center.  However, when I search for specific keywords which should cause one of my products to show up under Google Shopping they don't appear. 

How do I get my products to appear?  I must be missing a step.  

I do have a warning for Ambiguous GTIN number but its just a warning and I'm not sure how to fix the GTIN other than to make up my own and see if it works.  Thanks

My products do not appear in Google Shopping although they have been approved. What do I need to do?

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
There are a number of possible reasons why your browser may not be showing ads from your shopping campaign.  

For one thing, if you search for the same thing repetitively but don't click on an ad, Google will stop dishing those ads in favor of others.  Your bids could be too low, you could be outside the targeted Geography, and a number of other reasons.  It is best to rely upon the stats reported to determine if your shopping ads are showing. 

Are you getting impressions of your ads?  Keep in mind data is delayed by 3 to 8 hours.

The place to check things for a Shopping campaign, if you are not getting impressions, is in the Merchant Center.  Sounds like you have done that. But if you have an ambiguous GTIN number it's possible that's caused the ads to be disapproved.  Usually custom products do not have a GTIN number; and non-custom products are required to have a valid GTIN number.  Making up GTIN numbers will lead to problems, if not sooner then later.

I have seen Shopping campaigns fail to start for a couple of weeks, and over 4 calls to Google nothing was found to be wrong.  It turned out, in the Merchant Center a setting "contains adult content" had been somehow set as default.  Could be something small like that. 

The first thing to check though, is are you getting impressions? 

hth

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Perhaps it comes down to this somewhat simple question.  Do I need to start a shopping campaign to have my product show up in Google Shopping, or can I just up load my product list and then it should appear when someone chooses to shop using the Shop tab next to images and video?

It's a bit confusing.  But from going through the steps using Google Merchant and AdSense tutorials it seems that I should be able to upload my product list and once it is approved my products should appear within the "Shopping" list.

Correct?

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi John, yes indeed Shopping campaigns can be a little tricky or confusing the first few times you set one up.  

The Google Shopping campaign is a required component in order for your ads to begin to show.  Think of the Google Merchant Center as the database which feeds your product data to the Google Shopping campaign.  

Within the Shopping campaign, is where you control campaign-wide parameters such as your daily ad spend budget, bids, negative keywords, etc.  The Merchant Center is where the product feed is aggregated and classified. 

fyi Shopping Ads are not just displayed when someone chooses to shop using the Shop tab.  Google search decides when something is a product query, and displays shopping ads along with organic search results.  So the display of shopping ads is more ubiquitous than just that scenario.  

hth and good luck with your Shopping campaign.