AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

My products are not showing on shopping search list

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,
our products are not showing on shopping search list for any keywords just for our brand name. We have shopping campaign, products are approved.
Could anybody help me?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Krisztian M
November 2016

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hey Krisztian,

If you shopping ads are showing on some keywords but not others I would take the following actions:

- Improve your ad rank (the basic formula for shopping campaigns is Quality Score * Max CPC)

1. Quality Score: try to maximize the click through rate of your PLAs by ensuring a robust product feed and optimized attributes. Especially important elements include the product title (use words that you want your PLAs to show up on) and the image (test multiple images if you have them).

2. Max CPC: test higher bids. Increasing bids will lead to exposure on additional search terms. 

- Also ensure that there aren't negative keywords preventing your shopping ads from showing on other terms

-Jim

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Firstly, never search for your own brands, every time you do so it triggers an impression, when the ad is not clicked on your CTR drops, resulting in lower ranking and higher CPC.

Use instead your Adwords data.

Check your search impressions to see which keywords your ads are showing up for.

Data feed quality is very important, ensure you have all required attributes and the titles are optimized.

Ensure you have a high enough bidding.

But if you are not showing up for a specific keyword, than this is most likely due to low quality in the title.

hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Krisztian M
November 2016

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hey Krisztian,

If you shopping ads are showing on some keywords but not others I would take the following actions:

- Improve your ad rank (the basic formula for shopping campaigns is Quality Score * Max CPC)

1. Quality Score: try to maximize the click through rate of your PLAs by ensuring a robust product feed and optimized attributes. Especially important elements include the product title (use words that you want your PLAs to show up on) and the image (test multiple images if you have them).

2. Max CPC: test higher bids. Increasing bids will lead to exposure on additional search terms. 

- Also ensure that there aren't negative keywords preventing your shopping ads from showing on other terms

-Jim

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Kriszian

This could be due to a number of factors - if they are showing on Brand then i take it that they are indexed OK and your adwords campaigns are set to serve the products

Firstly i would check by searching on the FULL title (that's in the feed) of the product in order to see if they are triggering. If they are not then it maybe that you are not bidding enough.

From here its then reviewing the feed (particularly title and description), so identify what search terms are best for your products - utilize these in the title and the description in order to promote further - best practice (my view) is use once in the title and twice in the description. However make sure that it is friendly to the user - repetitive sentences are not. 

Then focus on your Ad Words bidding strategy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you all! It was my 2 big mistakes Smiley Sad I'm very starter in google shopping ads.
The first was my browser language. My langeuage is different than my target country.
The second were negative keywords. They were on the place of keywords. Is it true, that a shopping campaign has no keywords just negative keywords?

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Keywords are extracted from the title, thus to remove certain matched search terms is to only add negative keywords. That is why the title is important to describe the product accurately. 

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’