AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

My products are not showing on shopping search list

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When you search in google for our products our products do not seem to make the cut.  About 8 other competitors do show up though.  Normally, I would think its a quality score/cpc issue.  However, if I do the search and then click the shopping tab we are in #1 slot on the shopping page.  Why are we showing up on the top of the shopping page but not in the 8 or so products listed in the search results?  It has only been 12 hours since ads were enabled so is there a delay?  Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

My products are not showing on shopping search list

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Absolute top position in search and Google Shopping Tab are completely different in ranking factors. So number one is Google Shopping Tab is not the same as being listed in the carousel on web search.

Also if you are in a EU country, the competition for this spot is even higher due to marketplaces being able to bid for the spot.

To check your absolute top impression share, you can add a column absolute top is. in Adwords More info : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7501826?hl=en

https://adwords.googleblog.com/2017/08/new-reporting-to-show-how-often-your.html

Ranking is defined by allot of factors such as :

Data feed quality such as required and recommend fields

The product you are selling, for example well known branded products will perform better than lesser known ones

Bidding

Landing page

These are just the most obvious elements, but there are allot more.

So I recommend to try and improve everything you can to gain a better ranking.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’