AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

My adds keep going into the comparison listings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

for 5 years my shopping adds have always been visible on their own when doing product searches, they now mainly appear in comparison adds where google has joined 10 companies together into one listing showing the same product, is there a way out of this as i preferred my adds to be visible on their own.

Here is a link to show what i mean, top link says "from 5+ shops"

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fernox+MB1&rlz=1C1CHWA_enGB529GB530&oq=fernox+MB1&aqs=chrome..69i5...

Thanks

Jason

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My adds keep going into the comparison listings

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Jason

The Compare feature can both be a positive and negative to some companies. It allows your items to be in direct comparison with identical items and can either highlight a better deal or obviously the down side, draw attention to higher pricing, shipping etc..

There is no way to not be shown, just like there is no way to guarantee being shown within this feature. 

Google has never stipulated the exact requirements, however, we do know that GTIN plays a very important part, things such as brand, unique identifiers allow your items be identified as the item in questions, so should never be removed or altered in any way from your feed. 

Altering attributes which are not required to an exact value (title, description) to try and be removed from this compare listing, by too much of an extent, could result in your item becoming irrelevant to searches that currently include your listing within compare results. This could also ultimately remove your listings from Shopping altogether for that or related searches.

Is your wish to be removed from the compare area solely because you believe your items will perform poorer or are you basing this on recent performance or sudden drop in clicks?

Tom Wilson
Freelance Adwords & Google Shopping Consultant

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Tom,
Thank you for the reply, i am more than happy with my prices and want them to be shown but believe that in joining them together it removes my price from the initial search. There does not seem to be a logic in their combining because if you search MACK01 there is a comparison between my price and another, it only shows the other price in the comparisons although mine is £80 cheaper. This means people are missing my price.
any thoughts.
Jason

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Jason

Is this what you are referring? If so, then I am shown the lesser price in results not the higher, although both prices are listed. If this is not the screen, then please insert a screenshot showing the relevant item for me to take a look at. It is important to remember, not everyone will be shown the same results. There is still an element of personalisation in results. You should never look and carry out searches on your own items, not only are you running up impressions and therefore reducing CTR, which can result in a possible incorrect reporting and therefore the possibility or removal of an item for poor performance, the relevancy of your ad can be reduced due to lack of clicks.

itemlisting.PNG

Tom Wilson

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Tom,
It is the product i am using as a guide, when i see this in the google shopping i get the £516 prices as the only option, my price is only visible when you click into the comparison listing,
is it being changed because it is me searching,
Jason

Inline images 3

Any ideas why, is this the same as you are seeing.

Thanks
Jason Mulroy

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Jason

Searching for your own ad's in results can decrease their likelihood of appearing to you in the results. There is no way to say for sure what the cause is. However, your item is being listed and does appear for me.

When i perform the search, I am provided 11 results in total, only 4 of which are relevant to the item in question.

Two of these are "compare results" 2 being individual listings. The first "compare" is where your listing can be found, the second contains 3 stores, however, I believe the item varies slightly, hence why this second "compare" is within results. 

Tom Wilson

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Tom,
In the listing that had my item, did it show as my price as the main product or the other product so showing at the higher price, this way i know that as i am looking at products it is giving a distorted view.
Thanks
Jason

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

currently, for product-listing-ads, google decides most
all format and display details within google-shopping.

importantly, no two results may necessarily be the same.

google is constantly experimenting with how and where items might
be shown within google-shopping -- results are based on google's
determination, quality of the data submitted, how the user searches,
the features selected, search history, and many other factors.

however, google has, to date, never divulged any specific selection criteria for
how an item is displayed on google-shopping, despite being asked many times

for example, google may select the most relevant, highest-quality,
highest-bid, or lowest-price item, to show as a representative price
from a compare-prices group in results -- but this is not guaranteed.

the displayed results may change at any time.

currently, merchants cannot force items to display in a particular way within
(or not within) google-shopping compare-prices -- or other google-shopping
auction features or functions -- google has no such mechanism.

to verify items are winning in the product-listing-ad auctions
and being seen, the best likely course is to look directly into
the adwords account.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 9
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Jason

Yes, your price showed as the primary item for me, however, this can vary, as previously mentioned by user.

There is no way to tell exactly how often your item is shown as it was to me or displayed to you, as the results consider a number of factors before displaying an ad.

Tom Wilson