AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

My Shopping campaign has had 0 impressions for 4 days! What has gone wrong?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have had several calls with the Google support team about this issue and they advised me to 'wait a few days' and another advised me to remove the max CPC for the campaign.

The campaign still has 0 impressions and i'm beginning to really worry about this.

I've made no changes the the setting or campaign prior to this happening. What can I do?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My Shopping campaign has had 0 impressions for 4 days! What has gone wrong?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Tom L,

Could you check in your merchant center how many products are submitted? You can check it under products > diagnostics.

Are you sure that you don't have any small audiences that are on "target and bid"? What does removing your max bid mean? Did you start using a different strategy? What was your max cpc before and what type of business do you have?

Can you please provide me these insights?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for replying!

There are 37 active products in the merchant centre.

I am not entirely sure if we are using "Target and bid"...

We changed the bid strat from eCPC to maximise clicks, with no max CPC (under the advice of a Google rep) and I assumed this means the only cap on ad spend is based on the daily budget.

The max CPC for the past 12 months has been £0.40 and was providing us with around 2,000 daily impressions. Yesterday, the google rep advised me that the benchmark CPC is around £0.60 and this is why our ads aren't showing. I'm dubious of this explanation.

The business type is eCommerce (pet products)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Most likely the changes you applied has had an effect on the effectiveness of the campaign. In all situations when you make a change always wait for 2 to 3 weeks to get the full effects.

I recommend you revert your changes back to what it was. If you made a change and it caused all impressions to drop than this means whatever you change caused the issue.

I recommend when you make changes to use experiments, you can then do a 50% a b testing. This will then allow you to test things before committing to the change.

Hope this helps.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Emmanuel,

Thanks for the input. I did not make any charges at all for several weeks prior to impressions dropping to 0, so I do feel confident that the changes are not related.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tom,

So did you see anything weird in the merchant center? Do you have the same amount of products approved than before?

Can you look into the audience tab of your Shopping campaign? If you have any audiences added to your campaign could you tell me what the column target settings says?

Maximise clicks should give you the maximum amount of clicks within your budget. Just so we have everything checked, could you take a look for me at Tools > Shared Library > Portfolio bid strategy. Do you have any bid strategies here?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Joep,

Under audiences, it's showing the targeting settings are indeed set to 'Target and Bid', and I see an error message in the Audience column which reads "Too small to target for Google search". Does this sound like it could be the issue?

I've also checked Tools > Shared Library > Portfolio bid strategy, and I do have some but the status are all set to Inactive.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
That is an issue. Set it to bid only and you should be seeing traffic coming in. Would be nice if you would reply to me around tomorrow the same time.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you again Joep. Could you please tell me how to change this setting to bid only?

My Shopping campaign has had 0 impressions for 4 days! What has gone wrong?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

It's not possible to change the audience. Just pause the current audience and make a new one with the different settings. If you have any problems just reply to this thread.