AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

My Merchant Center account is suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My Merchant center account is suspended today, after 2 days under review. I contact Google Rep three times when once the items were disapproved and when the products were under review, none of them warned me about anything like that and now without any prior notice my account is suspended, I don't know what is wrong and what i need to change, can somebody look into my website or go through these reasons listed and let me know what exactly I need to change to get my Merchant account running again?

Account suspended due to policy violation: Google Shopping policies

Account suspended due to policy violation: checkout unsecure

Account suspended due to policy violation: user safety (e.g. missing contact information, missing terms of service)

Re: My Merchant Center account is suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Earlier they disapproved my feed for some 'extra tab' reasons and the Google Reps had no solution for that and they said" please wait for few hours and the disapproval status shall disappear automatically" . When nothing happened and my feed was still disapproved I used the Google Spreadsheet to upload my feed, and now they have suspended my account.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Giselle,

Google Shopping has strict policy rules, The reasons Google is giving you is easily fixed.

You need to have a returns policy on your website at and a link at the footer of your page.
Your checkout needs to be on a https layer meaning you need to buy a SSL certificate if one is already in existence you need to simply set the link that goes to the checkout on https instead of http.

Add a page with your contact details and real address
Add terms of service which is actually the returns policy.

As you have many issues I advice you to search for a google shopping expert consultant for greater support.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much for your response Emmanuel. I'll fix my website for the listed issues.
I also contacted Adwords support as you suggested but to my surprise the Rep didn't even talk about the issues listed on my Merchant center account. He was talking about using a Promotional code for advertisement . Are we not allowed to use a promotional code for shopping ads? or we just can't run a shopping ad until we spend the promotional code credit in Adwords search? I am just confused. Never came across this kind of issue..
He asked me to fill up a form that he said will be reviewed by the Support team.
Please share your thoughts.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, Google Adwords have limited knowledge on Shopping they always have to submit or call a dedicated team in the US to get info as they don't know it themselves. When I mentioned google shopping expert, I actually meant getting a freelance or someone who deals with clients that can resolve and advice you on all the issues.

Regarding the free $100 or any other amount you get that is something I do not know about this as I only have clients that pay a monthly bill. But if this is what the Adwords Team said to you that must be than the case.