AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple tabs in a Google Sheet used as a product feed

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

What happens if there are multiple tabs in a Google Sheet that's being used as a feed in Google Merchant Center? Is there a way for me to specify which tab Google Merchant Center should only look at to get the product data?

Thanks,

Kevin

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

No, keep all product data on 1 tab.

You can however submit multiple data feeds, but to avoid any duplication issues or other errors it is recommend to keep everything in 1 data feed.

hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I have all my product data on one tab, but there are other tabs in the sheet that I use. Right now, it seems like the product data from that one tab is being pulled correctly, but I was wondering if this might cause issues later.

And if I were to use two tabs (but no duplicate product data between the two), how do I make Google Merchant Center pick one of the two?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I never knew it would pull all tabs, I have learned something new Smiley Happy thanks.

In Google Merchant when pulling in a spreadsheet there are no options other than scheduling settings. If you do not want to submit a product you need to remove it from the data feed.

However maybe an alternative is your solution. Not because you submit 100 products, means you have to advertise for 100 products. You can exclude certain products in Google Adwords. When you have segmented the ad group down to the item id.

hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’