AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple listings for the same product

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I've come across this issue a few times where one seller's product listing is separate from all others. Can anyone shed any light on why this is happening? Surely all listings for the same product should be grouped together?

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 11.15.58.pngTop & bottom are the same product...

Thanks, Craig

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Make sure that all product data is correctly added to the data feed such as Brand, mpn, gtin etc... There are also other factors such as title, description and landing page.

Listings can be separated based on allot of factors such as inaccurate data or due to policy violations.

If you find that someone is violating Google's policy than I recommend you report the issue.

Also even if all data is correctly added, certain products are different depending on the manufacturing. Some product are manufactured in different countries and thus has different GTIN's. In these cases they will be separated as they are theoretically different.

Simply make sure you add all data accurately and you should be grouped.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Re: Multiple listings for the same product

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Emmanuel,

Thanks for the response, but this is happening when all the product data is correctly added to the data feed. Here's another example:

Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 16.02.02.png

I've checked our product feed and the Brand, MPN, GTIN, etc... are all identical to the details shown in the main listing.

Any further advice on how to resolve this and prevent this from happening in future would be greatly appreciated.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Unfortunately there is nothing I can add to my previous post that will help you further.

Make sure you add all correct product data. Remember that if the competitors are using other data, than this will potentially separate the grouping.

Best of luck.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’