AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Multi Channel Retailers and UPC flag

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The items we sell generally do not have a UPC from the manufacturers (beading supplies), we buy in bulk and repackage them.  Recently some of our items started getting flagged by Google Merchant for missing GTIN, we were told by google to ignore it will go away.  It hasn’t it grew, what we did notice is all the ones flagged were also carried buy another retailer that uses Channel Advisor to sell over multiple platforms ebay, amazon, Walmart, Jet etc etc.  This has caused google to interpret the retail companies own UPC and GTIN information as valid since it is coming from so many sources and ours as invalid and missing a UPC.

Now the assigned manufacturer and UPC fall under the retail company using the multichannel platform, which I cant use because it belongs to them and they don’t make the items they only package it like we do.

I tried contacting google about this but was told "if it was wrong the computer would tell us".  I thought a multichannel seller could only have a single item show in marketplace, not several.  Image 1 is from google merchant search and image 2 is the Jet.com product page.

Any clarification or advice on how to approach this with google so they understand would be awesome.

PRONG-UPC.PNGImage 1 GooglePRONG-UPC-2.PNGImage 2 Jet

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

File a formal complaint with Google.

https://support.google.com/merchants/contact/policy?hl=en&p=shop

As you are not aloud to fabricate your own bar codes, only manufacturers can assign bar codes.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Emmanuel