AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Missing size attribute problem

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Some of my products come in sizes S, M, L, XL and this is how I entered this info in the designated field on my website (Bigcommerce).

After receiving an error message in my Merchant Center account, I have tried different ways to enter sizes, like S-XL or S-M / L-XL... But I still get an error.

How to enter size attribute correctly? 

Can I set some feed rules to correct the issue? If yes, how?

Thank you!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Julia,

According to Google's docs, it looks like you are doing it correctly:
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6324492?hl=en&ref_topic=6324338

Could you post an example of one item from your feed? (you can leave out links)

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Open up your data feed and check if the values are added. You can do this by opening the url giving by BigCommerce in your browser which than will download a file. Copy the contents and paste in a XML reader.

Here is an online one : http://codebeautify.org/xmlviewer

Than check if the values are there. If it's not than you might have mist something or there is an issue with bigcommerce.

Double check the settings on there official docs : https://support.bigcommerce.com/articles/Public/Selling-on-Google-Shopping

You can setup via feed rules, however slightly more setup required. To set it up you need to have a match in the title.

For example if the title says. My T-Shirt Size XL Color Blue

Than you can set a rule as followed

If title contains XL than size is XL

More info : https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6302307?hl=en

However I recomend getting it to work in BigCommerce.

Also do not get confused with data feed errors and diagnostics errors.

If your data feed says there is nothing wrong, you have done it correct.

In the diagnostics the errors linger around for up to 30 days, if this is the case than simply ignore the warning as you have successfully updated your data. Because the gender, age group, color and size are serious warnings which will always be correctly flagged in the data feed section.

The data feed section is Google Merchant > Products > Feeds

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your reply. I am not sure how to post an item from the feed. Just to confirm, do you think that if I enter multiple sizes as

S-XL it will be correct? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Emmanuel,

I downloaded the feed file and all attributes for size are there. It looks like it is a diagnostic error, because otherwise my feed is ok.

However, the items with size error are disapproved and are not eligible for Google Shopping. Do I just wait until it goes away?

Thank you!

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Only 1 size can be submitted per product. If you can not submit variants due to restrictions from BigCommerce than submit a common size such as medium.

Make sure that the price is correct for the listed products. So if you submit Medium, color Blue make sure that this is the correct price for it. And make sure that the image represents the product.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Emmanuel!