AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Missing "Enable Currency Conversion" option in my Shopping Ads->Configuration

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to use the currency conversion feature in my GMC account but when I go to Shopping Ads->Configuration, the only option there is Adult content.

I read the instructions here https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7056644?hl=en but I can not find any option named "Enable currency conversion".

Is there anything wrong with my account?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

P.S. My targeting country is Netherland, and I've already set up the campaigns and shipping. The feed keeps complaining that Missing shipping information and Currency is not supported in the given country in attribute: price. I think the complain for shipping might result from the incorrect currency conversion?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If you can't see it, it's already enabled, simply setup the data feed for the target country. Not all originating countries can target every country.

If you can provide more details how you have setup the shipping details, did you do in GMC or in the data feed, if so what details did you provide.

What is the currency you are submitting?

You also still need to make sure the language in the data feed is supported for the target country.

Please read the following

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7055540

https://adwords.googleblog.com/2017/09/reach-more-customers-with-shopping-ads.html

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/160637?hl=en

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply.

I set the shipping details in my GMC account.  The status shows "Active" and the service area is set to "Netherlands".

Here are the details:

Target country: Netherlands

Transit time: 7 to 15 business days

Minimum order value: left default(no value)

Name: ePacket_NL

Affected products: All products

Shipping Cost:  All orders, Fixed rate, 0

The feed I am using was originally made for US market, so the currency in the feed spreadsheet is in USD. I added Netherlands in the feed settings in GMC and I chose English for both US and Netherlands.

Just double checked that English is supported for Netherlands.

I have 9 products in the spreadsheet. After I fetch the feed, diagnostics shows that 9 are active(for the US) and 9 are disapproved(for Netherlands). There are two errors in diagnostics:

1. Missing shipping information (Country: Netherlands, Affected items 9)

2. Currency is not supported in the given country in attribute: price (Country: Netherlands, Affected items 9)

Thanks for your time. ^^

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Do note that the diagnostic report is a bit strange, it takes up to 30 days for the warnings and errors to disappear even if the issues are fixed.

I recommend you check Products > List for the real status as this is more or less 2 hours accurate.

The only suggestion I have to check is that you have selected the currency USD for shopping and also in the feed settings and that you have not selected Euro.

If non of this is helping you resolve the issue, I recommend contacting Google directly in the top right corner of GMC. They are extremely helpful and as they have access to your account can tell you strait away what the issue is. Give them a call tomorrow and I'm sure they can fix your issue.

Hope it helps.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How to select Euro in feed settings? I set the currency to USD in the spreadsheets price attribute for each of my product. Is there a way to choose the currency in account/feed level?

I am trying to contact Google and see if there is anything they can do about it. 

Thanks a lot, Emmanuel.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

note that with the new-experience and new-feeds user-interfaces,
currency-conversion has been removed from the merchant-center's
shopping-ads configuration-settings.

the currency-conversion-feature will be supported by
multi-country-primary-feeds and supplemental-feeds --
depending on the details of what google allows for a
local-supported-language, local-supported-currency,
and local-language and fixed-currency on a website,
and within the submitted-data.

also, currently, english is not considered a supported
local-language, for the netherlands as a target-country,

by google.

as was indicated, the best likely course would be to contact google directly.

see also
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/160637

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

I would like to emphasize 1 thing, as celebird is correct, do note that English is supported, but the sentence not considered a supported local-language means the people in majority of cases will not use English to find these products. So it is supported but you will find it hard to get results.

I just wanted to explain this, because it can be confusing for new merchants as they might think its not supported, while it is. Also because the referenced documentation, does not elaborate on this.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've just sent an email to Google, and I hope the problem will be solved soon.

Before I sent the email,  I added UK to the feed(I added the UK to the shipping settings, too) and I still got the same errors. 

I would guess that something is wrong with my account.

I will get back to you guys in this thread after Google resolve the problem.

Thanks for all your help Emmanuel and Celebird.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

I think, I might have found something.

Go to GMC and click on your feed than settings. At the bottom there is an option named Default currency, try changing it to the currency you want it to be. This is a bit strange you need to do this, but it might be the reason. Give it a try, hope it helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, guys, I just got a phone call from Google that they solved my problem. Then I log on to my GMC account and did a fetch manually. After that, the error associated with currency goes away, but I still get the error with shipping. I just wrote an email to them, and let's see what they can do with it.