AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Merchant product list only showing 1 product variant, how does it decide which?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have recently updated my product feed to include all variants. This is not a requirement in Canada so I did not have it setup properly. 

However I believe the benefits of having it setup showing all variants could be great in that I want the specific product color image to show up in my shopping campaign.

I believe I have it setup correctly however I am curious, why in merchant center in the List tab does it show only 1 variant with no visible link to any of the other variants. 

I am using the column item_group_id, and the title of the product is in this format "item123 size 7 Green" 

So in the items tab I am only seeing "item123 size 7 Green" but not for example "item123 size 8 orange" which is part of the same item_group_id.

I am curious why would it choose size 7 green first of all, and I also want to make sure the other sizes/color variants are being linked appropriately. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Merchant product list only showing 1 product variant, how does it decide which?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

In Google Merchant Center's > List, it will show the product as an individual listing. The purpose of this is list is to show you the final data, raw data, check shipping costs of that specific product. And will currently not show any variants.

Variants will if eligible show up on Shopping Ads.

To link the variants correctly, make sure each associated variant has the same item group id and all recommended and required variant attributes.

Read more : https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6324507

Hope this helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’