AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Merchant account suspended without specific reason - what to do?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, hoping someone might have an idea on this because Google other than a vague customer support submit form there's no way to get in touch with anyone at Google.

My merchant account was suspended due to a "violation of the terms and agreements." And that's it. ??

http://chaboukie.com

Two questions:

- Any ideas on why this would happen?

- If I can figure out what the issue is and make the changes how long does it take Google to review and approve (if compliant)?

Thanks.

PS - Google, if you're listening, your support for merchant services is very poor. I think you're possibly the only company on the planet that doesn't provide direct support. Leaving your frustrated clients with no other option than to go to your forums for timely support is NOT a solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chaboukie B
September 2015

Re: Merchant account suspended without specific reason - what to do?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Chaboukie

As I said above, this is only speculation of the problem, it is always best to contact Google before making changes. 

It may simply be this one problem or a collection of issues.

As for business details, these should be exact locations of the business, contact telephone number and email address. 

Google must be 100% certain of all areas of your business, your supply chain etc. If one or any of these are unclear, Google may feel you are not displaying complete transaparency and therefore, are putting users at risk. 

Again, you must contact Google in order to get this resolved, making guesses and making changes that may not be the problem will prolonge an outcome, which will be quickly resolved once you know the facts.

If, once you receive clarification, you are unsure of how to proceed, then please contact us here once more and we will be able to assist you further. 

Tom Wilson
Freelance Adwords & Google Shopping Consultant

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Chaboukie,

The AdWords support phone number for your country can be found here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1385067?hl=en

Looking at your site at a glance, I don't see any major problems with your products. I do notice that you're missing a physical address, email, and phone number on your site, but I'm not sure if that by itself would have caused a merchant account suspension (though you'll have to change that before you start running ads). Here's a link to the Google Shopping Policies:

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188484

I believe Google usually asks for three business days to review. I find that with policy issues they usually respond within 1-2 days.

I'm happy to help if you're still having trouble.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Chaboukie

You will need to contact Google Merchant Center team rather than the Adwords team as the problem is within Merchant Center itself. 

Disapproval Form

As Meg pointed out, lack of business details can be grounds for disapproval alone, and would fall under the transparency violation.

Transparency

However, this may be one of or the only reason, the only way to find out for certain is to contact them using the above form.

As for the review process, once you have made the changes, you must complete this form

Review Form

And select the option for "I have made corrections"

Once you have appealed for a review, it can take a few days, sometimes a little longer, depending on the depth of review required. 

Tom Wilson

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your replies. Would a PO Box count as a physical address?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chaboukie B
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Chaboukie

As I said above, this is only speculation of the problem, it is always best to contact Google before making changes. 

It may simply be this one problem or a collection of issues.

As for business details, these should be exact locations of the business, contact telephone number and email address. 

Google must be 100% certain of all areas of your business, your supply chain etc. If one or any of these are unclear, Google may feel you are not displaying complete transaparency and therefore, are putting users at risk. 

Again, you must contact Google in order to get this resolved, making guesses and making changes that may not be the problem will prolonge an outcome, which will be quickly resolved once you know the facts.

If, once you receive clarification, you are unsure of how to proceed, then please contact us here once more and we will be able to assist you further. 

Tom Wilson