AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Merchant Suspended: Misrepresentation of self or product (Untrustworthy promotions)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear All,

Merchants account was suspended a week ago, due to the following reason: Misrepresentation of self or product (Untrustworthy promotions).

When we rechecked the site, a misleading promotion was found, which showed a wrong promotion period, after correcting the error, we submit the form, but still failed. In the following days, we tried to explain something, like shipping problem, which may cause bad shopping experience for some customers, and even submit company ID via google sales team in Hong kong, no better results.

Original message:

"Your Merchant Center account is in violation of the following policies:

UNTRUSTWORTHY PROMOTIONS (MISREPRESENTATION OF SELF OR PRODUCT)

The online shopping experience offered through your website was considered unsatisfactory for Google Shopping users at this time. In determining whether a merchant or site is untrustworthy we may review information from multiple sources including your website, product listings, accounts and 3rd-party sources. Due to the sensitive nature of the review we are unable to provide further details. Finally, we encourage you to build a track record of good customer service."

I knows it completely depends on experience to find out what's wrong, so i post the site here:

http://www.hobbywow.com

Any comment from you is appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,

Schumi

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Merchant Suspended: Misrepresentation of self or product (Untrustworthy promotions)

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

untrustworthy-promotions is a rather serious policy flag;

any untrustworthy behavior, or improper or incomplete information,
can trigger such a suspension -- typically misrepresentation relates
to a fundamental issue with the business, especially with respect
to a user's experience on the website, or with the business during
product purchases, on-line or off-line.

pricing, promotions, merchant or business identity information,
contact details, physical location details, how the products or
business has been represented to the public over time, reviews

by people who have used the site or purchased items, physical

inventory and supply-chains, etc., are  all potential areas that

may trigger a misrepresentation policy-flag.

only a person at google can remove a suspension-flag --
the best likely course is to work directly with google.

however, if the suspension-flag has been made permanent by the policy-teams
at google then there is no fix possible and no further advertising will be allowed.

Merchant Suspended: Misrepresentation of self or product (Untrustworthy promotions)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Celebird, thanks for the update.

This site has been online for several years, the number of negative reviews didn't increase recently, we made every corrections which may help, but finally no help.

Regards,

Schumi

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I have had a look at your reviews and it does seem below par, as Google has perfectly written in the email that you need to improve your reviews, ie your service, after service etc... to get back into good standing.

Think of it this way, Google needs to keep up the reputation, if all merchants are able to advertise while providing a bad service will simply destroy the reputation of Google Shopping making there source of income a big risk. In the end its all about providing something the customer wants. A customer wants good sellers and based on the reviews I have read about your company, it is not very good.

I recommend you work on that.

Please note this is my personal opinion, but also note that Google has already explained your reviews are not good enough. You need to provide a better service.

For example if you don't have product in stock, don't advertise for it, update your website saying it is out of stock. Improve your business practices etc...

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’