AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Merchant Promotion: Buy 12 for 10 rejected!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all.

I have created a promotion feed with an offer that entitles all customers to 12 products (from a specific list) for the price of 10. I have passed the policy approval but failed the SKU status for "No discount/Lower discount".

I assume this is because I haven't changed anything in my product feed except for assigning products to this promotion. What more should I have done?

Thanks,
Dan

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Quick update. I just had an email that says, "Reason of rejection: Your landing page price is the same as checkout price". As the price isn't changing for this promotion, how can I go about getting it live?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Promotions submitted via the promotions feed or the promotion list within Google Merchant needs to be redeemed via the checkout. A price that is already discounted before adding it to the basket can not be submitted as a promotion. However you can benefit from an automated promotion.

Promotions that are aloud : https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/4588460#promotion-types-allowed

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Emmanuel and thanks for your response.

I have checked the promotion types and it says "Buy one get one free or buy one get 2nd x% off" is allowed, this is essentially what mine is! Buy 12, get 2 free.

Should I rename it from "Get 12 for the price of 10" to "Buy 12, Get 2 Free"?

Also, what is an automated promotion?

Thanks,

Dab

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

So your buy x get x free, does it apply in the checkout or before you go to the checkout? Can you give us an example on your website.

An automated promotion are :

free shipping

price drops

sale price

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks.

Yes, as soon as the 12th product from a collection is added to the basket the discount is applied. If you visit this product (https://www.tastefinewines.co.uk/shop/red-wine/valdemoro-cabernet-sauvignon/) and 12 to the basket you should see the discount.

There is an option to use a voucher code, would this make any difference?

Thanks again.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Google Shopping does not allow vat ex prices in the data feed or the product landing page. You can only show price inc vat.

I think you need to add 10 bottles to the basket, than in the checkout you should add anther 2 bottles. Which is not the case. That is why I think your promotion is not valid.

But I'm not 100% sure on this as I have never had a client do it the way you do it. I recommend you contact Google directly to find out.

However you still need to add vat inc prices on the website and data feed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Emmanuel.

VAT is already included in all prices and they match the Merchant Feed!

I can't do 10 then add 2 free as the 2 free would be a choice of 6 products. I think I will just have to let this promotion go without advertising - unless I did it as a coupon offer?

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hello Tim,

So why does it say on the product landing page £6.63 and in the checkout it says £7.95?

You can definitely do a coupon offer, if it can be redeemed in the checkout than thats great.

Re: Merchant Promotion: Buy 12 for 10 rejected!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does it?

Please see my screenshot! I see it at £7.95 everywhere, logged in and out! Where are you based, it might be taking VAT off if you are not in the UK.Screenshot 2017-10-13 10.45.11.png