AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Merchant Feed Dynamic Remarketing Ad Preview Error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My merchant center feed is about 20 items, all are approved for both shopping ads and dynamic remarketing. I have no disapprovals and no errors.

I am able to launch a shopping campaign and the ads display correctly without errors.

I've created a dynamic remarketing campaign that should function properly. Within that campaign I create an ad gallery -> dyamic ads -> dynamic product ads and the system attempts to populate previews. The Google Merchant Center account selected is definitely correct. Offer title and offer description are selected, as is correct for my feed.

However, I get the following error: The preview can not display items from your feed. You can still save your ads now, but your feed items will not appear in the preview until your feed is working. Learn how to fix possible errors.

None of the possible errors are present. If I attempt to ignore the error and create the ads, they are rejected for image problems (presumably due to not having images).

I searched for this issue on this forum and found three or four instances of it occurring, with no apparent universal cause or fix. I have waited nearly a week to post this, hoping that the system only needed time to load the feed correctly. At this point nothing has worked.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrew
April

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The feed has suddenly and inexplicably begun working.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Do you have the dynamic remarketing code on your site, and how was it implemented?

A common problem is people use the default code without realising it needs to be customised to suit.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, the dynamic remarketing code is installed. I followed these instructions (the store uses Shopify): https://feedarmy.com/kb/adding-google-adwords-remarketing-tag-to-shopify/

I verified installation with Google Tag Assistant as well as View Source on a product page. No apparent errors.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Sounds like everything is OK. I'd ignore the ad preview and just run the ads.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The remarketing ads will not run. There is an error with the images and they are all denied approval.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Is your feed new? Like less than 3 business days new?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

More than a week old...

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Contact AdWords support. It makes no sense for the ads to not be approved if your feed is all good.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do I contact them? They seem to have made that as difficult as possible...or perhaps I'm not good at navigating to the correct page.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrew
April

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The feed has suddenly and inexplicably begun working.