AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Merchant Centre account suspended - Counterfeit goods

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

Hi,

I've been running this website for a few years now but last Tuesday (02/02) I received an email out of the blue saying the Merchant Account was suspended for not complying with Google Shopping Policies. No specific reason was given in the email and I didn't get a prior warning.
I could the helpline and was told it was to do with counterfeit products although not one example of product could be given to me.
I know that I don't sell counterfeit products so I asked to escalate the issue.

I was told it should be sorted within 24hrs but as they weren't busy it might be as quick as a couple of hours.

Now 7 days later and numerous phone calls, all they can tell me every time is "it's being looked into". They can't tell me what product may be the issue, how to resolve it or even when they might have anything else to say about it.

So basically they took down the account without warning, don't know why really, and don't know if and when they can sort it out.
Is this the level of competence expected of a company like Google?

Sorry, I'm not sure if anyone can help with this (any help is gratefully accepted), but I needed to vent.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Merchant Centre account suspended - Counterfeit goods

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Please share your website URL
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Not applicable
# 3
Not applicable
Hi,

It is av-experts.co.uk

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
OK. Let me check with Google what's the issue with "counterfeit" goods?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Not applicable
# 5
Not applicable
Thank you, I appreciate it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have exactly same problem, google don't say whats wrong, they simply say that my business is not compatible with google shopping. One google representative told me that my account was suspended permanetly due to someones complaint, maybe fake item. They are unable to get more information from safety team and it is what it is. There is no solid response from google of whats wrong and there were no warnings also, my website wwwDOTftaelectronicsDOTca . Same here, we don't sell fake items.

Not applicable
# 7
Not applicable
Just a quick update for anyone who goes through the same thing.

Basically it has taken nearly 3 weeks of regular phone calls and being told "someone is looking into it" to get to the point where I was told a manufacturer had complained to Google about our account and to be told which manufacturer. I imagine this information was available from day 1 so why it took this long to tell us is a mystery.
As expected, it was unjustified and after contacting the manufacturer they confirmed it was a case of "mistaken identity" and we were able to sort things out within a few hours.
The account has been reinstated now.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Oh.... I'm happy I was resolved..... We haven't heard yet from Google about the case.