AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Merchant Center few traffic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Experts,

My name is Kate, I have a problem. I launched Merchant campaign for the first time and faced with problem. I have very few shows and thereby traffic. The feed was approved almost all products, targeting UK, niche branded shoes (male and female). Bids are high, all the setting are normal as they should be, accounts are linked with each other. May be you have any ideas about this. 

Thanks a lot.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Merchant Center few traffic

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kate, what sort of Campaign are you running?  Is it the newer "Shopping" type or the PLA type based around Search?

If it's the new Shopping Campaign and you have segmented your products by brand, you should be able to see Impression Share and Benchmark CPC and CTR figures that could give you some insights into where the problem lies.

You've said your bids are high but haven't mentioned your budget.  Is your budget adequate to allow AdWords to display your Ads on a regular basis?

Footwear is a fairly competitive market so it's possible you're simply seeing the results of this competition.  The relative performance figures mentioned above may reveal this.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Jon,
Thanks for answer. Yes my campaign is "Shopping" type or the PLA type based around Search, i have segmented it on brands, on type i see that in the statistic table the campaign has 61,11 % of shows tha campaign got for a week even not 100%, the CTR is rather low it is 0,65 % comparable CTR and general is 45%. I increased the budget right now but before it was normal as it had never exhausted per day.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Kate, how does your CPC compare to the Benchmark CPC shown?  I'm not sure what you mean by "general is 45%", is that the Impression Share?

When you say the Ads aren't being shown much, how many impressions are you actually getting per day?

Jon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Heelo Jon,

I meant 0,45% general CTR and benchmark CTR is 0,65%. Impressions per day 884 per yesterday, per today 195. Feed contains more then 5000 products. Don't know what is the reason of such low impression rate.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Kate, it could simply be a budget issue.  Bear in mind that AdWords has to try not to exceed your specified daily budget and if you have 5000 eligible products in your feed, all of which could receive clicks, unless your budget is very high AdWords will have to restrict how often your Ads are shown.

For example, if a single product has an average CPC of $1, and a typical CTR of 0.5%, AdWords can estimate that this product will cost $1 for every 200 impressions.  If your daily budget was $10, AdWords can show your product for 2000 impressions in a day and not exceed your budget.  However, if your product could be shown for 20,000 impressions, that would cost $100 so AdWords can only show your Ad once in every 10 possible auctions.

The above example is for ONE product.  If you extend the same figures to 5000 products, for each to receive just one click you'd need a budget of $5000 per day.  If your budget is much lower than that AdWords can only show your Ads very rarely otherwise you'll be going over your daily budget.

Over time, as AdWords gathers data on typical CPC and CTR for each of your products you may find that some products receive more impressions than others but the key point here is that you cannot market 5000 products that are at all popular in searches without adequate funding.

Does this make sense?

Jon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Jon,

I exceed the daily budget to 5000$ still no results, no traffic (

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Jon,

I exceed the daily budget to 5000$ still no results, no traffic (
This is Kate )

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

generally, google-shopping auction results are
influenced by both the bid and quality factors.

the bid strategy and how the shopping-campaign
is structured with respect to product-groups can
also affect outcomes.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3455481#shopping_setup

in addition to the bid/budget, shoes in particular,
have rather strict rules and requirements -- both
within the data-feed and on the website -- that
can strongly affect quality.and as a consequence
can affect ad (auction) results and traffic.
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/1344057
https://support.google.com/merchants/search?q=quality

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi Kate,

It's very difficult to give further advice remotely.  At this point all I can suggest is that you contact Support and ask them to examine your Account to check for problems.

Jon