AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Merchant Center - Upload Feed as Test Option Missing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What happened to the "upload feed as test" option we had for feeds? The debugger tool is gone and now this option isn't showing up for me anymore. Is there a way to test a primary feed via upload in GMC?

choose-file.PNG

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Caleb S
November

Re: Merchant Center - Upload Feed as Test Option Missing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

And.. it's fixed. This is the second time I've had this issue. Is there something that needs to be turned on from a Google admin side? Both times I've submitted a request to my Adwords rep and it gets resolved within 24 hrs.

fixed-test-option.PNG

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Yes there is, and your screenshot actually shows that is the test feed upload system.

You need to upload a hard copy of your data feed if you want to test it.

The old system no longer exists.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Emmanuel,

Are you saying that if I upload a feed for test using the system in my screenshot it won't overwrite or interrupt my existing live feed?

Thanks for your help,

Caleb

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

When you go to the next step after uploading, there is a test check box before you submit.

Have fun.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Caleb S
November

Re: Merchant Center - Upload Feed as Test Option Missing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

And.. it's fixed. This is the second time I've had this issue. Is there something that needs to be turned on from a Google admin side? Both times I've submitted a request to my Adwords rep and it gets resolved within 24 hrs.

fixed-test-option.PNG