AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Merchant Center - Remove myself as standard user

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I added my self as standard user to one of my client merchant center. Now I am no longer working for him. and So I want to remove my email id, so that I can setup a new merchant cnter account. 

Client who has admin access is not responding to my request to remove me and I have no option to remove my self (no user menu in setting).

i contact google support they replied that I have to contact the admin..

Now, I have no choice.. I don't want to use another email do.

What should I do?

============below is reponse from google==

Hi Anil,

I'm sorry to hear that the existing admin is not removing your email address from Google Merchant Center account <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>. Since this is not something that Google has control over, you'd have to take up the matter directly with the admin itself.

That said, if you want to create a new Google Merchant Center account, you can use any email address (other than xyz123@gmail.comwhich isn't already associated with an existing Google Merchant Center account.

Sincerely,
======

ITS LIKE SOMEONE HAS TAKE CONTROL OVER MY EMAIL ID AND AS THIS EMAIL ID OWNER, I CAN'T DO ANY THING??
Do they realize that I can edit, delete any data of client in merchant center? I can change any setting.. and utlimatey Google have to fix if client complain about this.. 

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines. Please do not post account IDs on the AdWords Community.
2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
March 2016

Re: Merchant Center - Remove myself as standard user

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Anil,

Thanks for posting to the Community. Unfortunately we do not have access to any accounts from this forum, nor can we make changes to any accounts on your behalf, so I won't be able to help you in having your primary email address removed from the merchant center account--that is something that the admin on that account will have to do.

Cassie

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

==========================

You mean, I have no control over my email id if admin of the account is not responding to my email id.

fine, I am going to delete this datafeed file, changing all settings, so that he can not spend thousands of dollar on shopping ads.
=================

This is what I reply to support email to Google and it seems they got my point and agreed to remove after I send a 2 line of authorization. They should have understand my issue at first instance and suggested me solution.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
I would want a feature where a user can remove himself from an account. I have several clients where some are just too lazy to remove me upon request. Ending up in me deleting my own account. Which is not even a solution as I want to free up the email to use for other clients.

I would want a feature where a user can remove himself, having an admin do this is just not good enough.

Hope to see this feature soon.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Right.. Same was issue with analytic also but it had option now to remove yourself

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Now they help me remove my ID and I created my new account on merchant center