AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Merchant Center Product Country Dropdown

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In the top right hand corner of the products section of my merchant center there is only the option for 'Country: United States' previously this was a dropdown as per the Feeds section of the merchant center but now is only showing a fixed value.

Could somebody let me know why this is showing a fixed country with no drop down option and what controls this country dropdown?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Merchant Center Product Country Dropdown

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI Keystone S

Welcome to the AdWords community :-)

I've just checked my Merchant Center account and I have exactly the same issue. There is no drop down available, just the words 'Country: United States'. I think its this may be a bug.

@Mini-CM do you know if there is a technical issue?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Keystone,

As Google says  - 

The country or territory that you selected when you created your Google Merchant Center account cannot be changed.

May be, this is the reason?

Source: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188486?hl=en

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi All,

As long as you have feeds that are only targeting one country, you won't see a country dropdown on the Products tab. We've recently updated they way a few features work in the Merchant Center account, so what you are seeing is expected!

I hope this clears things up for you!

Let me know if any of you have any additional questions about this!
Kathleen

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
Thanks Kathleen and Ratan. Helen, I hope that clarifies why you are not seeing the drop-down. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Mini

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kathleen, we have a feed targeting Netherlands (only) but where the country dropdown used to be on the Products tab there is only Country:United States. And none of the products are visible, although the items were inserted ok from the feed, presumable because it is trying to show products targeting the United States.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am experiencing the same issue. Feed is set for United Kingdom but products tab is fixed to united states. Is this recognised as a bug yet?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
James, for what it's worth the reason for my issue was that the feed was a test feed, which doesn't add any products, just tests the validity of the feed. Once I replaced it with a real one the products tab switched to the correct country.