AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Merchant Account Mysteriousl Deleted . Perpetual Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again. Error

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

On or about June 29, 2017, my entire Merchant Center Account A for Website Feed B, C and D was wiped.

My Merchant Center Account E for website feed F, G etc are unaffected and work as intended.

I check my own account history on both my logins for Merchant Center Account A using myaccount.google.com and have 0 interactions with Merchant Center feed at the times prescribed to me that the Merchant Account was mysteriously deleted. I have not verified account usage history from the other administrator(s) at the time of this writing. (pending)

Multiple calls to google support was made with this issue.

According to Google support, 1 or more of 4 people on my Merchant Account A users was responsible for deleting Feed B, C, and D.

Google would not tell me who was responsible for the delete per policy.

The Google reps refused to furnish Merchant center change log leading up the the account wipe per "policy".

Luckily I have backup feeds of the latest revision for feeds B, C, and D. 

Google reps suggested to create new account and connect it back to the AdWords accounts.

I am unable to create a new merchant account under 3 different accounts using main chrome instance, incognito instance, including variant log instances. 

I called google again today and am greeted with "We are off for the holidays" message.

I am none too pleased with the support I'm getting in this manner..

something-wrong.pngplease advise.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Merchant Account Mysteriousl Deleted . Perpetual Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again. Error

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Are you the account owner? Are there any other users in the account? If there are other users please check with the other users.

The only way for a feed to disappear is for someone to delete it. I have over 50 accounts and not a single one has ever magically disappeared.

As your asking for help on a public forum, we as community members can't really help you. And recommend you investigate who has done this.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’