AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

May I use an exact taxonomy value in my product title?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I just found the following in a top-contributor's post:

however, using such exact taxonomy values within a title or description violate the policies

Is this true? Is it not allowed to use category names in your product title/ description? I mean - the probability that this happens by coincidence is very high, isn't it?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andreas M
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

You should not have the title of your product be "Clothing > Women's > Pants > Jeans > Flare > Plus size" however you can use "Brand ABC Women's Plus Size Flare Jeans" as your title. If you stay away from using the exact nodes and keep it natural sounding then you will be alright. I would recommend reviewing how your competitors have structured their titles and descriptions. In all my years of Shopping Ads I have never had a product disapproved for using exact taxonomy values in the product title or description. @Celebird may be able to add more context as they are the quoted TC in your post.

Hope that helps!

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andreas M
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

You should not have the title of your product be "Clothing > Women's > Pants > Jeans > Flare > Plus size" however you can use "Brand ABC Women's Plus Size Flare Jeans" as your title. If you stay away from using the exact nodes and keep it natural sounding then you will be alright. I would recommend reviewing how your competitors have structured their titles and descriptions. In all my years of Shopping Ads I have never had a product disapproved for using exact taxonomy values in the product title or description. @Celebird may be able to add more context as they are the quoted TC in your post.

Hope that helps!

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.