AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

3.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

MOST URGENT

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

If we were running ecom website last year and were successfully using all the google products on it like adwords, analytics, tag implementation, google shopping but later completely shut down the website due to some reasons.

Now if we want to up the website again and uploads that website backup to the new domain name and hosting so can we use all the google products again because codes are still present on the new website as we uploaded the same backup again on the new site, its just that domain name and hosting name has been changed ? 

And can we use our last year traffic to make remarketing campaigns for the new site ? May be its possible via analytics or any method ?

2 Expert replyverified_user

MOST URGENT

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Priyanka,

Yes, you can use the same account changing the ads final urls.

The best way is using AdWords Editor.

Copy all the campaigns and duplicate them.

Update the final urls of all the ads in duplicated campaigns(in accordance with new website pages).

Pause the original(old) campaigns.

Post the changes to make live on the AdWords UI.

Notes :

I would recommend to update the AdWords tracking code with the new Global site tags and event tracking codes.

Cross check if any sitelink and/or price extension implemented at account level, keyword level final url is not left with old domain url.

Yes, you can import the Google Analytics audiences to make remarketing campaigns in AdWords.

You can also use customer list if you have.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: MOST URGENT

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

adwords audience.pnganalytics audience.png

After reading you message we think that you have build our confidence back in google and we would like to invest in it again.Now i am sharing some more information with you and request you to look into it completely and then give me resolution.

My site is down from 7-8 months but when i was running adwords campaign last year then the audience size was keep increasing there so i was thought my audience is getting saving in the adwords and i can remarket my audience anytime in future but right now every size is showing less than <1000.I invested too much in adwords last year but now i think i have lost everything and i cant retarget my all time visitors ? 

Further i am showing 2 more images please guide me what to do as i wanna retarget my all time customers by any method you know i.e from adwords audience (May be all my audience saved there which is hidden) or any other way in analytics ? 

MOST URGENT

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You need to create an audience list of 365 days with a maximum of 540 days. So you need to create a new list with different settings.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Sir,

1) I logged in my analytics today and seeing this message on screen (Image attached below for better understanding) so let us know what should i choose there because i dont think this window will not come later or i cant change this option again.

2) Further, you mean that i can create audience list now using my old audience who visited my site last year or you mean i have to create audience list from zero i.e. again from starting ? Because if you mean that i need to create audience again from zero then it will be really hard for me as it will clearly means that i have lost my old audience.

I used to run site last year and its off from the last 7-8 months.Now i uploaded that data onto new hosting and change the domain name so i just dont want to lose my audience who visited my site.I just want to retarget my all time audience because i spend money at that time and now if i cant retarget them by any method then it will be huge loss for me.Please help and advice what to do because according to me there must be some settings in which my all time audience is still saved may be i adwords or analytics but i am unaware about it.I checked google adwords too but audience size is less than 1000 but i remember at the time when i was running site the audience size in adwords were in millions so i thought i can retarget my audience whenever i want.Now i dont know what to do feeling directionless.Please tell the way to retarget all time audience via analytics/adwords/shoppingaccount/tagmanager etc.

analyticsdata.png

MOST URGENT

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

1) This is not something we can suggest, you need to make that decision. You can change it at any time by following this documentation: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/7667196?hl=en

2) You can create audience lists in both Adwords and Analytics using existing data. To know how, please read the following documentation :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2611404?hl=en

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6015314?hl=en

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2611820?hl=en

However, I'm not sure using audiences from a different website is technically legal. Especially now that GDPA ruling in Europe. You will need to contact your legal team / lawyer to find out more about this.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply but i am felling little unhappy with your response. I am not blaming you if something happens with my account the thing is that if i was expert then there is no need to ask here.You should understand my situation and suggests me in the way which i want to know.Request the experts to resolve me issue plz.

- I dont want that analytics should remove the data and i want that it will hold my data as far as possible so should i select 50 months or Do not automatically expire ? (Image attached)

- And continue to first part analytics will not delete my audience data which is stored in my account upto 50 months if i will select 50 months there.So the thing is that how will i be able to retarget them.And further how can i check that what was the time stored in my last year data.I have adwords and analytics as it is with me, please help me to tell in the way that if a user changes his domain name one time or even ten times then can he retarget his all time audience via his analytics or adwords account by any way ? I am sure there is some way by which it can be done but i dont know that.

analyticsdata.pnganalytics audience.pngadwords audience.png

MOST URGENT

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any expert respond pl.