AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

MCA (Multi Client Account) Can't login

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Hello All, if you own a multi client account and have added your clients as a sub account and can't login to your account, than it is possible that one of your clients has removed access to you.

The message would be

All users must be assigned at least one role with Merchant Center. Please contact your Merchant Center admin to request a role assignment.

As the above is not a solution to the admin owner, as you are the admin and can't login in the first place.

Google Merchant redirects to the last used sub account and if this account has removed your access, you are permanently locked out of the whole account.

You can however fix this by forcing Google Merchant to open an active sub account. This can be done by replacing xxxxxx with the client's account id at the end of the below query string. Do note the client needs to be active and you own access to it.

https://merchants.google.com/mc/aggregatordashboard?a=xxxxxx

You can now again access your MCA

Google is aware of this and are fixing it, however in the meantime the above will be your solution.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’
2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Emmanuel F
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You can however fix this by forcing Google Merchant to open an active sub account. This can be done by replacing xxxxxx with the client's account id at the end of the below query string. Do note the client needs to be active and you own access to it.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Emmanuel F
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just getting the same error today. It was working fine till yesterday. I dont have MCA account but I am added to many merchant accounts. Why I am getting this error?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

MCA or a normal account this can happen when the owner has removed you from the account. Simply follow the instructions I have provided by changing xxxxxx to the an account number you know is still active.

It this does not work, than simply contact Google from Adwords.

Hope it helps.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Figured that the client actually didn't assigned either user or admin permission when he added me under 'Users' and this caused my account completely inaccessible! Asked him to assign either user or admin permission and it worked.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

note that the email-contact-section has been moved from under the
business-information page, to under the merchant-center-user roles

area; ever since then, such confusion has been on the up-tick.

be certain to explain that only the merchant-center-users
area is for gaining access to the merchant-center-account.

the email-contacts area is only for contacts -- who will receive
merchant-center related emails and notifications, sent by google,
without any access to the merchant-center account, whatsoever.

an email-contact is mainly for people monitoring an account or administrators of
inventory data, who do not require any access to the merchant-center-account --
for example, to submit inventory feed data via ftp, or to prepare the feed file
that is being fetched.