AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Low shopping feed CTR

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

HI guys 

I have gotten a couple of answers for my previous question and am very grateful to the community. you guys rock. 

Here is a screenshot of the products i am selling via the shopping feed. 

shopping ad.jpg

I am advertising this product 

my question are:

Could the price point be the reason for the lower CTR?

I am advertising a premium product, could you guys be having any tips on targeting the people who can afford the products?

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
November 2016

Low shopping feed CTR

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Zaby 

There are multiple factors which affect the CTR of Shopping ads and price can be one of important factor.

Since you cannot add specific keywords in shopping campaigns therefore would suggest to analyise the search terms which provide you least CTR and other advertiser ads which are showing for that particular ad.

There may be scenario that a user does not find the item relevant which can result in low CTR.

You can also add merchant promotion to improve the CTR ( https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/4588748?hl=en)

View solution in original post

Low shopping feed CTR

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Zaby,

In my opinion the price is definitely a factor in the low CTR.

If the product is premium I would recommend adding the keyword into the title and description of the product. This would help your product show for searches such as 'Premium Skorts' or 'Expensive Skorts'.

Again I'd look down the category list in the back end of Merchant Centre and make sure there aren't any more relevant categories that you can add the products to.

Also keep an eye on the search terms, I'm guessing you wouldn't want to be showing for irrelevant search terms, possibly such as 'School Skorts'.

Hope this helps,

Low shopping feed CTR

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

hi @Matthew L,

i have added negative terms like school skorts and others. 

i will add the term premium or expensive

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
November 2016

Low shopping feed CTR

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Zaby 

There are multiple factors which affect the CTR of Shopping ads and price can be one of important factor.

Since you cannot add specific keywords in shopping campaigns therefore would suggest to analyise the search terms which provide you least CTR and other advertiser ads which are showing for that particular ad.

There may be scenario that a user does not find the item relevant which can result in low CTR.

You can also add merchant promotion to improve the CTR ( https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/4588748?hl=en)

Low shopping feed CTR

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

I would advise NOT using the term "expensive" in your product description, or any kind of ads. Quality, premium, etc., yes. Quality products may cost more, but the end user may see that as a better overall value. You pay for what you get. In addition, when it comes to fashion and clothing, regardless of quality, if the apparel is not appealing, no one is going to buy it.

What are you selling for 65.00? Just the skort, or the entire outfit pictured?

Do you have any sales of this product(s) form any sources?

Tom