AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Low Conversions for Google Shopping Campaign(Urgent, Please Help ME)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have used google shopping to market for our website for about 2 months. I have met some issues. 

In the very beginning, I created one campaign, one ad group, one product group including all products. The conversion rate is great, bounce rate for the campaigns visitors are about 75%. 

After about 35 conversions for the campaigns, I decided to use custom label to include products who had high conversion in one product group and increase bid price. I expected much more better conversions, but, nothing, the conversions was much lower than before. Panic. Why is that? 

I tried to recreated campaigns according to different products categories, or according to different margins, different prices, try to improve the exposure of our products and get some conversions, however, we got clicks, but still quite few conversions. 

1. Bounce rate is 100% for most of the times. We have optimized page loading time and the site design. But the bounce rate still runs quite high. 

2. Already set negative keywords to get rid of low conversion clicks

3. Already lower prices compared to competitors

4. Also eliminate traffics from mobile (our site is not mobile friendly website), did all what I can do, but still does not work. 

If you checked my post, please help me to figure out why the conversions rate is so low, is it really because of the high bounce rate? Or could you give me some tips about how to make sure the reasons for all this horrible thing. Thanks a million in advance. Sincerely. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author yan h
4w

Re: Low Conversions for Google Shopping Campaign(Urgent, Please Help ME)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
To increase conversion, you need to improve your data feed quality, keyword targeting, campaign setup and website design, product landing page info and checkout design. All of these are key elements in increasing conversions.
Simply focusing on Adwords is not enough.

Start with the core, which is the data feed. Make sure you have added all recommended and required data. That you have improved and accurately add the info.

Bounce rate is always high with Google Shopping and expect 70 to 80%, if the bounce rate is high then this means the relevance between the product shown in Google Shopping to the landing page does not match or is irrelevant or the design is not effective. Or that the info is very good and the customer is no longer interested to click on other parts of your website.
To understand the issue, I recommend understanding what customers do. Not because there is a high bounce rate means it's bad. It just means the customer did not click on any other pages. Which can mean a lot.

A big mistake is removing mobile traffic. More than 50% of users use a mobile as first interaction, you basically are wiping out the most important first interaction.
Not because people don't buy from mobile means its a waste. In fact its very important. I recommend you check your attributions.

Hope this helps.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author yan h
4w

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
To increase conversion, you need to improve your data feed quality, keyword targeting, campaign setup and website design, product landing page info and checkout design. All of these are key elements in increasing conversions.
Simply focusing on Adwords is not enough.

Start with the core, which is the data feed. Make sure you have added all recommended and required data. That you have improved and accurately add the info.

Bounce rate is always high with Google Shopping and expect 70 to 80%, if the bounce rate is high then this means the relevance between the product shown in Google Shopping to the landing page does not match or is irrelevant or the design is not effective. Or that the info is very good and the customer is no longer interested to click on other parts of your website.
To understand the issue, I recommend understanding what customers do. Not because there is a high bounce rate means it's bad. It just means the customer did not click on any other pages. Which can mean a lot.

A big mistake is removing mobile traffic. More than 50% of users use a mobile as first interaction, you basically are wiping out the most important first interaction.
Not because people don't buy from mobile means its a waste. In fact its very important. I recommend you check your attributions.

Hope this helps.
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much for your reply and your suggestions. Really appreciate it a lot.

1. About the mobile traffic, I will communicate with my colleagues and optimize the site to be mobile friendly.
Yes, I know clearly that mobile traffic is important, however as our products price are about 100 GBP or even much higher, I always thought that customers usually buy via computer. Plus the mobile site is quite bad for customers experience. So. like you said, I thought it was waste money. I will try to correct this mistake and fix it.

2. Thank you so much for your explanation about the bounce rate issue. Yes, I am so concerned about the bounce rate all the times cause the 100% number was terrifying. Now I might understand a little bit more after reading your explanations.

3. I will check my feed and try to start with improving the feed quality, to make all information on the feed relevant and in details.

I have a few more questions after reading your reply.
1. Should I also optimize the description and make sure that when customers check our product ad, the first few lines is in details? Will it work for ctr?
2. If the customers only can check one main picture of the products, why it is important to add additional images link? Or it is not important at all.
3. If I wanna products has sale price annotations when people check our product ads, the original price and the sale price should both be shown on our website, right?

Thanks very much sincerely from the bottom of my heart. I am so looking forward to your future reply. It's really important for me. Thank you.

Best Wishes.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Pleasure, this community is to help others Smiley Happy

1) I would indeed improve the description, as this is part of what customers see and can indeed improve ctr
2) Because additional images will be shown in ads when it meets certain conditions
3) Yes, make sure that the effective price paid, be it the normal price or sale price is always the first price shown. Reading left to right.

Hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, you suggestions inspire me a lot. Thank you so much again.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
And One more question, you said I need to try to understand what customers do, but in what way I can figure out what customers do on our page as it is bounce rate first page? Is there some kind of code could be insert to see what parts on our page that customers pay most attentions to ? so I can know why they left, how many seconds they stay, which parts on the page they might be not interested?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
I recommend using Google Analytics.

Hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
But Google analytics can only show the bounce rate and average time if the page is one-visit page,is that right?I can not know what they do on the page and just leave without visiting another page on our site.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
a) correct
b) you can implement more advanced 3rd party tools to track other things such as heat maps. You will need to search this yourself as we forum members can not share 3rd party links.

You can also ask questions here : https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-Analytics/ct-p/analytics_category

Hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Does google analytics have some kind of Heat Map tools?