AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Lost before I began - where is my Account # and is G-MERCHANT & G-SHOPPING the same 'place' for log

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Wow - either I'm very stupid or Google Merchant Account/Google Shopping is a nightmare...

I signed up , added website info, and verified the account

What I THOUGHT was my Google Shopping/Google Merchant account # is apparently NOT (learned this AFTER logging out- moving on]

to determine the correct Account # I've trying to log into Google Shopping/Google Merchant - and the only place i end up is where i first signed up !

I tried resubmitting all info and get a error message the site has already been claimed by a 'another Merchant Account has already claimed this at a higher level'  - what???????

Can anyone explain what the heck is going on - or what i need to do please?

thx

John

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Lost before I began - where is my Account # and is G-MERCHANT & G-SHOPPING the same 'place'

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
This is because you have registered a non www version of your site in another Google Account. If you want to register your website in a new account, please use the top level domain meaning non www or alternatively login to the other account where you first registered.

Or delete your first Google account. Do note that deleting is a final resort and would not do it if you are unsure what you are doing.

The easiest way is to simply register example.com and not www.example.com You will get the same error but you can continue and claim it anyway.

Hope it helps.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Re: Lost before I began - where is my Account # and is G-MERCHANT & G-SHOPPING the same 'place'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks,
I followed you advice