AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Lose Shopping Campaign data when Merchant Feed removed?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everybody!

At the moment I'm looking at our Merchant Feed and have come to the conclusion that it was set up incorrect the first time. Once this campaign was setup it ran a campaign for almost a year and generated conversions. therefore i want to keep the data.

Since I think it is setup incorrectly I want to remove the feed and start over, but I'm afraid that when I remove the previous feed I'll lose all previous data as well. Haven't been able to find anything on the web about this, hence my question to you. 

Can I indeed remove the Merchant feed without losing the generated data? 

Thanks in advance!

Pim

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pim V
December

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If you keep all attributes identical, than yes it will be the same, so if you have subdivided by custom labels, make sure they are the same, or for any other subdivision.

Regardless, if you change all the subdivisions, simply instead of changing the current campaigns, create a new campaign, than all your data is in the old campaign can be kept.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

When migrating to a new feed, regardless if its a spreadsheet, plugin or management tool. The key to keeping the historic ranking is the product ID, a lesser ranking factor is the product landing page and the 3rd is the title.

If you keep all these 3 identical than there is no need to worry about loosing out on historic ranking.

Make sure that when you migrate you have the new data feed 100% accurate and ready to add as soon as the old feed is removed. Do not in any situation submit two feeds at the same time.

Hope it helps.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Emmanuel,

Thanks for your reply! 

I am actually referring to the overall data of the Shopping campaign, not particularly historic ranking.

I want to keep the data so I can fall back on it, if I need in the future. Instead of downloading a Excel sheet or so, I want to be able to check within Adwords, without having to keep the feed that generated this data. 

Do you think that is possible?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pim V
December

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If you keep all attributes identical, than yes it will be the same, so if you have subdivided by custom labels, make sure they are the same, or for any other subdivision.

Regardless, if you change all the subdivisions, simply instead of changing the current campaigns, create a new campaign, than all your data is in the old campaign can be kept.

Hope it helps.