AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Looking for a Google Shopping solution for Shopify when using a Multi-Client Account Merchant Center

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

With the pending sunset of Shopify's Google Shopping App, I am doing some research to move my agency's Shopify clients over to a Google Shopping solution that works with a Multi-Client Account Merchant Center.\

The new app is not only going through a terrible launch (1.5/5 in the store), it does not support Multi-Client Account Merchant Centers. Specifically, it connects to Merch via a single email authorization, with no consideration for the possibility that email address might be administrator on multiple Merchant Centers.

So, to set the stage: we have 300+ Shopify sites that need to move by the end of June. At that scale, I can't add a single email admin to each of them without Google blocking my IP from creating new accounts. I can't use the old app, obviously, because of its pending deprecation. You can find said app still active at the following link if you add your myshopify.com domain after shop= : https://google-product-publisher.shopifyapps.com/?shop=

So fundamentally I'm looking for a Google Shopping app with at least somewhat good functionality for bulk operations and most importantly the ability to target a specific Merchant Center ID under an administrator email. Anyone got any suggestions? Our agency is SMB-focused, for context. 

Shopify has been clear that MCA support is a low priority for their new app, so I don't expect it to be supported before the sunset date of its predecessor. Nor is there any sort of workaround I've found outside of one-email-per-business, which has huge scale and ownership retention problems.

Any thoughts or ideas?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RobSkelton (Top Contributor)
May

Looking for a Google Shopping solution for Shopify when using a Multi-Client Account Merchant Center

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This is somewhat a bad area to ask this, the reason is that forum members can make suggestions with Google Shopping and Google Merchant Center related issues, but can't provide 3rd party links.

As this is an official Google forum, we can only suggest how to find it. I recommend finding an APP or data feed management tool that can achieve your goals. Contact as many as you can and ask if your requirements can be completed.

Using a tool that creates a XML or Text Delimited data feed will resolve your issue. Instead of using Google's Shopping Content API you can submit a data feed using XML or Text Delimited. Using this method you can connect each store individually to Google Merchant Center.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RobSkelton (Top Contributor)
May

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This is somewhat a bad area to ask this, the reason is that forum members can make suggestions with Google Shopping and Google Merchant Center related issues, but can't provide 3rd party links.

As this is an official Google forum, we can only suggest how to find it. I recommend finding an APP or data feed management tool that can achieve your goals. Contact as many as you can and ask if your requirements can be completed.

Using a tool that creates a XML or Text Delimited data feed will resolve your issue. Instead of using Google's Shopping Content API you can submit a data feed using XML or Text Delimited. Using this method you can connect each store individually to Google Merchant Center.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’