AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

5.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am doing a shopping search on Google, which I want to search shops in the UK.

I am based in Italy, and it showed Italian results, with my location in the top left of the screen.

I went to settings -> search settings -> region and set to UK, however it made no difference. The location top left was gone, however it still gave me Italian results.

I then tried to use developer tools, emulator mode, and in the sensors tab, changed geolocation to be London, however I _still_ got Italian results...

How can I choose to search results in a specific country, or state that I am in a specific country? Any google searches made for future trips are worthless without this...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Simple answer you can't, you need to be located in the UK to see UK shopping results.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

!Re: Location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Wow!  Huge fail.

How can I plan a shopping trip?

I live on the border of two countries, I can't see prices just a few miles away.

I cannot develop websites, or SEO strategies for any clients, unless all their customers live in my house?

Why can't I just select a location?  In fact I can, however it's ignored....

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

As we are advertisers like you, and this forum is a member to member forum, we can only tell you from our own experiences and what is publicly known.

Since end of last year, Google has decided to keep shopping results to there respective target country, without any detailed reason.

You can always submit feedback to Google by logging in to Google Merchant or Google Adwords and go to the top right corner and submit feedback.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’