AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Let's Talk About Google Shopping Funnels.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

From my understanding, a traditional presell is not allowed with Google Shopping ads, as the visitor must be able to attain the product on the first page they land.  

With that out of the way.  I'm curious to know your thoughts/experience with utilizing long form product pages whether hard-coded, or utilizing a software such as Instapage or Clickfunnels.

My first question would be, would Google Shopping not appreciate the customer experiencing multiple domains through their journey (i.e. utilizing a subdomain for the funnel leading to the main domain for the back end)?  

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
1 month ago

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Simple answer, it is not allowed. I recommend not to try and circumvent Google policies as a permanent suspension can happen. You can read the requirements here: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/4752265?hl=en

Only products you have physically in stock can be advertised, with accurate product data information. Any redirecting, affiliate, drop shipping is not allowed.

Otherwise, do not use Google Shopping and choose something like display or text ads.

Hope this helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
1 month ago

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Simple answer, it is not allowed. I recommend not to try and circumvent Google policies as a permanent suspension can happen. You can read the requirements here: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/4752265?hl=en

Only products you have physically in stock can be advertised, with accurate product data information. Any redirecting, affiliate, drop shipping is not allowed.

Otherwise, do not use Google Shopping and choose something like display or text ads.

Hope this helps.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Emmanuel,

Thanks for the response!  

I'm not talking about attempting to circumvent Google Policies by any means. Nor am I talking about offering any affiliate or not in stock products.

I mean utilizing a long form product page, rather than sending them to a typical product page.  They still get all of the accurate required product data.  In fact, they would more than likely be getting even more relevant product data as a long form page would provide more information.  

I'm curious about utilizing a funnel, as it would greatly increase conversions, rather than sending them to a low converting typical e-commerce page.  

My open discussion is if it is practical and there is a way to do it that adheres to Google's TOS. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I don't know what long form page means, I guess you are talking about one page with all website content?

However the rule is that the landing page needs all the product information at the top of the page, if you check my previous referenced documentation, and if you follow all the requirements listed, then yes whatever you want to add on the page is fine as long as it is below the main content.

Hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A long form product page is typically just a hybrid version of sales letter and product page.  

I appreciate the reference and I read it, and for sure this method would adhere to the requirements listed.  

My main concern is that would sending a visitor to say mystore.shop (the domain where the long form product page would live) then taking them to mystore.com (where my checkout & CRM would live).  Would this be against policy? 

Again, there is no policy that I am attempting to circumvent.  This is simply me trying to take the visitor through a better user experience that I can optimize throughout time and increase my conversions for that same product that normally would be advertised directly to a product page on my store.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

This may be a violation yes, the checkout should be hosted on the same domain, however, a payment gateway can be anywhere, for example, PayPal.

I recommend you follow industry standards what is basic practice for eCommerce.

Maybe providing examples would allow forum members to have a better understanding of what you're trying to do. And provide guidance.

But from what you are saying, I think you're not in line with the requirements.

Hope this helps.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

(a) the product submitted as in stock

must be the most prominent content

on the link landing-page.

(b) users must be able to complete

the full checkout process on the site

that is verified and claimed within the

merchant-center, using the provided

payment methods or a gateway, that

are clearly indicated in the terms and

conditions on the site and landing-page.

or are otherwise policy violations and

grounds for a permanent suspension

from the program, at any time.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, Emmanuel!  Very helpful.  I think what you have said, and what Celebird has brought up is that if I would like to utilize a funnel, the funnel will need to live within the same domain.  At that point I do believe it would be within guidelines as the long form product page is essentially a beefed-up version of the product page. 

Thanks again for your help.  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, Celebird.  Portion (b) of your post is exactly what I needed to know.