AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Jewelry: How to set specialized properties

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an approved feed, finally, with all the attributes like age, sex, color, etc. but I have some detail questions. I'm running a BigCommerce shop and using their google shopping app to supply the feed.

1. Material. This may be a bigcommerce thing, but there is only one place where I can enter the material per product (gold, platinum, whatever). However, I offer many variations per product - white gold, yellow gold, platinum, two tone, etc. Is google "smart" enough to pick up all those variations? 

2. When I browse the engagement rings section of google shopping, I see filtering options that I wasn't given the opportunity to input. These include Metal, Silhouette, and Gemstone.

3. Let's say I have a rose gold ring with a diamond and blue sapphires. What do I use as the basis for Color? The metal (pink), the diamond, (white), or the sapphires (blue)? This is further complicated by the fact that as mentioned above, each ring comes with a wide range of customer-selectable metal options.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Jewelry: How to set specialized properties

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

1) BigCommerce does not support variants in the data feed, this is not an issue with Google Merchant but BigCommerce. Contact them to request this as a feature.

2) This is automatically done. So if you give the correct values in the attributes such as color, material size, etc... than Google will consider for you to be added.

3) What defines the product most? If the prominent color is the ring than use the ring color, if it's the diamond than the diamond. Or in most cases use a forward slash separator. So in your case the color value will be "rose gold / blue sapphire"

Hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’