AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Items Automatically Disaproved due to policy violation, yet similar products approved

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All.

I am having problems getting some products approved on the Merchant feed.

I have several products that contain the same core ingredients but each has a couple different ingredients that make up the scent.

The problem I have is that some of the products have been approved and some have not. I have been constantly tweaking the wording on the disapproved items to try and get them approved. Last night I resorted to copying the wording from an approved product and pasting it onto a disapproved product, with the only different words being 'Grapefruit Oil' and as far as I am aware, Grapefruit Oil does not clasify as a disapproved product. Yet it is still disapproved.!!

I am wanting to start a campaign for all my products yet can not because the automated system keeps disapproving my products, yet there are hundreds if not thousands of similar products live

Any suggestons

Many Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wayne P
July

Items Automatically Disaproved due to policy violation, yet similar products approved

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Not because a product is currently approved, means they follow Google's Policy.

The policy violation actually explains the issue very clearly. You have claims on your products that you can not have. For example you say it promotes hair growth. 

However no proof of such claims.

I recommend you remove all claims, statements, from your website and data feed. Once you have done this you will see that you can get your products listed. However you need to do this to all products, not just 1 product.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

a single disapproval may be caused by multiple issues.

having other items live does not necessarily mean that those

items are not violating the policies or may not be disapproved

in the future -- disapprovals may simply be examples of items,

to be inspected, to find a root-cause, and the issue fixed for

all items that have the same similar issue, regardless of being

currently flagged.

however, this is mainly a peer-to-peer forum --

forum-members cannot look into any account

or any submitted data.

posting more specific information here within the public forum --

such as specific link url's, specific data being submitted including

all attributes and values for one or two of the disapproved item-offers,

screen-captures of the specific disapproval message, the processed

data seen within the products-tab of the merchant-center, etc --

may allow other forum-members to offer more specific suggestions.

otherwise, google may be contacted directly.

Re: Items Automatically Disaproved due to policy violation, yet similar products approved

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wayne P
July

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Not because a product is currently approved, means they follow Google's Policy.

The policy violation actually explains the issue very clearly. You have claims on your products that you can not have. For example you say it promotes hair growth. 

However no proof of such claims.

I recommend you remove all claims, statements, from your website and data feed. Once you have done this you will see that you can get your products listed. However you need to do this to all products, not just 1 product.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK great thanks for advice, will get editing