AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Item is reusing an ID - Product is Disapproved After Adding few words in the existing Product Title.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

After adding few words to the existing product, on both website and feed, Google merchant center feed is showing an error "Item is reusing an ID" and the product is disapproved.

Do I need to change the product Id or there is another solution?

-Thank you,

2 Expert replyverified_user

Item is reusing an ID - Product is Disapproved After Adding few words in the existing Product Title.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Product IDs should only be used once, and remain for the same product.

If you have added a new product using the ID of an old product, change the ID of the new product to one that hasn't been used before.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, RobSkelton for a quick reply.

I haven't added any new product, just renamed the existing products (added few more words to the existing product name).

But, Google merchant center feed is taking it as a new product.

-Thanks,

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

This is possible when you have created a new feed, connecting a new feed will get you this error. Simply click on fetch now, and the error will disappear.

For future reference, if this is the case, always use the existing feed connection to update, add or remove product data.

Hope this helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, Emmanuel for a reply!

I haven't created any new feed, just edited into the existing one.

Still fetched again as you said but the errors remained same.

Do I need to delete existing feed and create a new one?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

As we have no access to your account, we would not know the issues specifics, I recommend you contact Google directly here: https://support.google.com/merchants/contactflow

Hope this helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, contacted Google!

Thanks for the support, Emmanuel!