AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Item Disapproval -- Will it automatically be re-approved?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had some server issues the other night, which are now resolved. Google tried crawling one of my SKUs during this time, and received a 500 error, which now caused the item to be disapproved. Diagnostics show that the crawl received a 5xx error and the page couldn't be accessed. My question is, since the problem is now fixed, will Google automatically re-crawl the item and change it back to an approved status?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Christopher B

You can make any small change in your Product title/ description/ url in order to force Google Crawlers to visit your site and approve the item ids

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the tip! I will make an edit so that it can try the page again.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

The easiest thing without effecting your data in a negative way is to append a query string to the image link such as ?date=20112016

So for example https://mywebsite/myimage.jpg?date=20112016

As changing other content can effect your ranking in a positive or negative way. So unless you know to change it to something positive than a title change is fine as long as it perfectly describes the product. Alternatively add the query string

hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’