AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Isn't this against AdWords policy?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was just doing some poking around at how my products are showing up on the Google Shopping network when I noticed this:

Shopping Result

Which is maybe a little small to see but basically there's a competitor listing their product 4 times. Once from their website, and 3 other times from their 'booth' on websites that function as marketplaces connecting sellers and buyers. If you click the Rakuten, Bonanza, or Newegg links, it takes you to their seller page on that website which then links back to their main website.

I haven't been doing this since I thought multiple listing like that is essentially gaming the display data... Is that allowed or has Google just not caught it yet? Seems kind of unfair.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alek P
September 2015

Re: Isn't this against AdWords policy?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
It seems it does;
You can file a complaint; Include the screenshot.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/176378?hl=en
Note: There are many complaints and the backlog is huge, It could take time.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alek P
September 2015

Re: Isn't this against AdWords policy?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
It seems it does;
You can file a complaint; Include the screenshot.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/176378?hl=en
Note: There are many complaints and the backlog is huge, It could take time.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’