AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Is there way to find non performing "SHEETS" and delete them

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So google allows me to put certain amount of items and I can request a increase but I rather work with what I'm allowed now and have some questions.

1). So using google sheets to upload my feed and wondering if there is way to see if this  sheet is not providing much results (clicks or call to action etc..) and if it's not i'll just delete it and free up items I can fill with items that do produce?

2). If not, should I basically just create separate  ad groups for each sheet which will show results that way (if thats even possible as well)

Was hoping I can see the name of the google sheet and see any performance and if it's under performing, I just delete it to free up space limit google gives me.

Or any suggestion ?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

That is beyond the scope of this forum, as far as I can say, I don't think so. You will need to write a custom API to check Google Adwords then make changes to the spreadsheet. For that, I recommend asking here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/google-content-api-for-shopping

And AdWords API here: https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/start

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So i'm guessing logging into adwords account I won't be able to see like total clicks based on adword groups?  I plan on making adword groups that are same with the sheets (example same name) and if I'm able to somehow check the adword group total clicks or clicks that are spread out throughout the particular sheet I can either keep it or delete it.  If that makes any sense?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

When you log in to Adwords you can see all your data in the table data or in the reports.

Yes, you can do all of this manually. The structure of your ad groups can be based on any subdivision you like. More info here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6275317

However, if you plan on automating this, then you need to look into API's.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

all submitted data flows into the same linked account --
there is no way to differentiate items by sheet-name or
any other feed related information.

shopping-campaign subdivisions are based on attributes --
not feed or sheet names -- for example, product_type,
google_product_category, or custom_label_0

google's policies on the number of items allowed per merchant
is based on the total physical inventory that are submitted --
not the number of feeds or sheets.

also, be certain that all items submitted are in the
physical, on hand, stock inventory of the merchant,
to avoid a disapproval or suspension, at any time.

as was indicated, using google's api's is about the
only method to automate any aspect of the process --

such as deleting poor performing products from a feed,

or removing a particular feed/sheet.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As you mentioned

as was indicated, using google's api's is about the
only method to automate any aspect of the process --

such as deleting poor performing products from a feed,

or removing a particular feed/sheet.

Is there any reccomended programmers you can direcft me too? (private message is fine too!) You always got good answers

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you i will certainly look into this. .

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You stated

shopping-campaign subdivisions are based on attributes --
not feed or sheet names -- for example, product_type,
google_product_category, or custom_label_0

So let say i have a sheet named "Sheet 1" and "Sheet 2"  There is no attributes I can add that will differentiate these two sheets and I'm able to check it on adwords stats and see which ones aren't performing or not? I don't mind manually checking every two weeks or month.

I was hoping there was attribute like "Ad Group" or "Campaign" name and put the corresponding one to my sheets and see performance but guess it's not that simple.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

However, I did see report section in the adwords login and seems that works pretty good in performance. So if my previous question seems bit far fetched.. The adwords report is pretty good