AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Is lost impression due to budget meaningful in product group level?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We can only set budget for Campaign level, correct? So search lost impression share due to budget should only be available in Campaign level.

However, I found for product ads, this metrics can be available in product group level. I can find it in "Shopping" view under "Dimensions" tab. Is it meaningful for product group level of lost impression due to budget?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is lost impression due to budget meaningful in product group level

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If it can be available in product group level for product ads, then it should also be available in keyword level for text ads, correct?

And I found I can get lost impression due to budget in ad group level in "Time" view under "Dimensions" tab, again, is it meaningful?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Lei,

It seems to me that you have only one Ad Group, or even if you have more than one ad-group, you have only in the enabled state and you have selected show data for 'all enabled ad groups'.

In the situation mentioned above, there's going to be no difference whether you select 'campaign name' or 'ad-group' name in the left side panel. Because there are no other ad-groups among which the data would be divided, and as a result you might see data being populated in 'Search Lost IS (Budget)'. You would see the same data no matter whether you click you campaign or ad-group. 

But if you have more than one ad-group, that column would not be available. Even if you customize the columns to make it available, no data would be populated. Data would be populated only when you click the campaign name. 

You can try checking it by selecting show data for all ad-groups at the ad-group tab and you can go to dimension > shopping to verify. 

Does that help?

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

>>But if you have more than one ad-group, that column would not be available.
>>Even if you customize the columns to make it available, no data would be populated.
>>Data would be populated only when you click the campaign name.

Thanks a lot for the reply!

You are correct for the text ads. I have 4 ad groups in 1 campaign for text ads. When I select ad groups, the column "Search Lost IS (Budget)" is available, but the data is "--". Only when I select campaign, there is real data in this column. One interesting thing is "Search Lost IS (Rank)" is also "--" when I select ad groups for "Time" view under "Dimensions" tab. It seems a bug, because "Search Lost IS (Rank)" should be available in ad group level.

As for product ads, I don't know whether you are correct or not. Because the column "Search Lost IS (Budget)" shows 0.00% instead of "--" for product group. Maybe that's the real data for product group.