AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Is it possible to find what search terms will trigger my Shopping Ads before a campaign starts?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

Is there any trick to find out what search terms would trigger my Shopping Ads for a specific product BEFORE a campaign starts?

I know that I can see what triggered it after the campaign starts, but is it possible somehow to find the list of the potential search term triggers so that I can exclude irrelevant ones before they spend any budget?

Thanks,

Stevan 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stevan D
2w

Is it possible to find what search terms will trigger my Shopping Ads before a campaign starts?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Steven,

It is not possible to know exact queries which will trigger your ad. You can run relevant queries and can see "Related searches" on google and can pick irrelevant terms. You can also use AdWords keyword planner and can find out keywords which are not relevant and those can be added as negative terms. You can add some general terms as negative such as free, coupons, discounts etc. depending on your products types.

Hope that helps!

Thanks

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stevan D
2w

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Steven,

It is not possible to know exact queries which will trigger your ad. You can run relevant queries and can see "Related searches" on google and can pick irrelevant terms. You can also use AdWords keyword planner and can find out keywords which are not relevant and those can be added as negative terms. You can add some general terms as negative such as free, coupons, discounts etc. depending on your products types.

Hope that helps!

Thanks

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’