AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Is Three products Enough?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I design and import real Black Forest cuckoo clocks with an American aesthetic. It takes forever (and ever and ever) to get a new design out, so I have only three right now, and will have four (hopefully more!) in time for Christmas. 

A couple of times I have read the following under Reasons Not to Use Google Shopping. With just three (expensive!) products does this apply to me?

1. How many products do you sell?

If you sell under 500 products, you may have trouble getting visibility on Google Shopping.

Thanks so much for any insight,

Jodie, The Cuckoo Clock Designer

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jodie D
June 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello @Jodie D

Make sure that you include all information you can give about your products in the feed. Test different keywords in the product name and description and also use higher bids at least in the beginning in order to get more data and to find out what works for your products. With some keywords you can get more visibility than with others. 

The worst thing that can happen is that you will not get any impressions but it also means that you will get no clicks = no cost so don't worry and try it!

I wish you luck.

Regards,

Hana

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jodie D
June 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello @Jodie D

Make sure that you include all information you can give about your products in the feed. Test different keywords in the product name and description and also use higher bids at least in the beginning in order to get more data and to find out what works for your products. With some keywords you can get more visibility than with others. 

The worst thing that can happen is that you will not get any impressions but it also means that you will get no clicks = no cost so don't worry and try it!

I wish you luck.

Regards,

Hana

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Yes and no,

You can definitely sell your product on Google Shopping, but I recommend to have a good and tight control on which keywords to allow and which not. So that you do not get a flood of keywords that are too generic.

The no, is more referring to equity, with 3 products, it's harder to get your foot in the doorway.

I have clients with just 3 products, but as mentioned before, you need to choose your battle grounds in terms of search terms.

Also if you have different colors for the same products, you can actually gain equity.

Don't get discouraged, just make sure you set everything up correctly.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, keywords are tricky for my products. The majority of people who buy them aren't looking for a cuckoo clock. They appeal to passion groups, like quilters, bird watchers. So that's the trick: the keywords need to make the point that this is a real German cuckoo clock, but that's not the hook, only the qualifier.

Thanks for reminding me that I do in fact have more products. I swap out a dog for a kitty on the quilt shop, plus three options for the woman's hair color. And a 1- or 8-day movement. That's twelve products from one. Yahoo!

Thanks to both of you for the encouragement,

Jodie

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

In theory, one product is enough to create a merchant center feed. However, shopping campaigns can be a more advanced type of AdWords advertising, and there is no guarantee that shopping will be the most effective approach for you. In fact, search advertising may not be the most effective tactic for you either. If your advertising goal is to appeal to certain interest groups, then interest targeted display network advertising may be more effective. 

If you haven't done any AdWords advertising before: Start with a small budget you can afford to experiment with, have a conversion strategy (and hopefully google analytics) in place, and experiment with different tactics to try and find what actually works for you.

Tom