AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Is Shopify Bad For Google Shopping?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is shopify a bad platform for google shopping in terms of landing page relevance and quality score? 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @cody w,

I wouldn't say so. 

Shopify is only the operational platform, which plenty of people use with great success.

However, a theme, specific setup and/or specific use of Shopify, along with the products, content or wording are an entirely different ballgame and could bring really great or really bad results. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How would I determine if my theme is bad? I have tried so many times to optimize my feed, so I don't think that's an issue. I believe it has something to do with the website.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @cody w,

Speed and layout are really important.

Some themes do not give anything more than product images in a grid, other give a title, description and more for each product, which is really needed. And some themes load really slow, which is really bad. 

Take a look at this information and compare it to your website. Also, run your website through this mobile-friendly and speed test and see how it does. 

Kind Regards,

James

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I also recommend reading up on articles found on Google Search regarding landing page optimization for eCommerce.

You will need to read allot of different articles to provide yourself with a clear overall advice. There is no such thing as single advice, I have found hundreds of articles very useful each in there own ways.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’