AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Invalid microdata for condition information on product landing page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

- All our products are in selected as 'NewCondition'; but we've just been given this notification for over 4,000 of our products. Why has this happened and how has can it be fixed? 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Invalid microdata for condition information on product landing pag

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi David,

I would suggest pulling up the spread sheet with errors and then use this Micro data Testing Tool (https://developers.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool/) to identify if your schema.org is fine (for those particular products that generated error) or needs some rectification. Based on this, you might have to work upon your Microdata for various products that you are using for Google Shopping.

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Yeah, me too. What's this about? I don't use microdata. My feed's "condition" field has always been enough. If this is new, I was not informed by Google.

Is this some kind of bug, or, do I need to do something about this?

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,

I've downloaded the feed sheet which came out as a Rich Text Format so I couldn't really understand it.

I also downloaded the error sheet which didn't make sense really either.
I tried the Testing Tool but after putting in my URL, it says that no structured data was found.
The site has been up for years, as has our merchant account. The product it seems to be having a problem with suddenly have not been recently uploaded nor edited.
It says the condition information is invalid, however, it shows on the error page that it is 'NewCondition', which all our products are.

Thanks
David

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi David,

When did you start getting these errors in Diagnostics?
Did you try contacting the support team for this issue? https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6183380?hl=en-GB#

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,

We have only just started getting these errors in Diagnostics today. I also have another site and the same is happening for that one too on less products.

I had checked the support.google page before, but didn't really understand it as I've never even known about microdata or schema (there's so much to understand!). Which is when I came into the forum to see if there was an easier guide to fix the problem.

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi David,

Invalid micro data error comes up when you are actually using the Structured Data in your product page's HTML code, but due to incorrect implementation, the Diagnostics Tab is showing those errors or warnings. And that too because you are using those products in your Merchant center account linked with AdWords.

Here are more details around Rich Snippets:- https://developers.google.com/structured-data/rich-snippets/?rd=1

You can also learn more about the Schema implementation from this official website:- http://www.schema.org/

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
OK, just spoke to someone at Google. They reckon it's nothing to worry about, just yet. It's supposedly a recommendation only, at this time and will not effect ad performance. But, moving forwards, it's something that could / should be implemented, microdata on the landing page, to prevent future problems or product suspension.

Not sure if this basically means changes are coming, again. I submit my feed manually, using a text file and currently do not use microdata for my product landing pages. That's my situation.

Of course, if anybody has a different take on this, please chime in.

Thanks

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

generally, if microdata (rich-snippets) are not being implemented
on the site then, the feature should be disabled in the account.

if microdata is enabled in the account then, the website will
be checked to verify conformance; microdata is a feature that
has nothing to do with how data is submitted and so, can be
implemented on the site's landing-pages regardless of how
the (feed) data might be submitted.

normally, if enabled, the feature should be properly implemented
on the website to conform to the current policies and guidelines.

microdata is mainly to fill small gaps between the website
and the submitted data, between data (feed) re-uploads,
with respect to stock availability and price information --

but all (other) microdata on the site must match the feed.

of course, google could remove the enable/disable switch
within the account in the future, so researching how the
microdata feature might be implemented on the website --
regardless of how inventory data is currently submitted --
is probably prudent.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We too have only started getting this overnight on our product feed, no change in site coding or feeds.