AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Invalid clicks same user exhausting budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hello,

I am new here this is my first post.

I regularly check analytics and over last few days have noticed in one location someone is continually clicking the same product at different hours of the day. They do not do anything just click the product for a few seconds and leave. I have managed to check from analytics the network domain from a particular provider and matched it with the city. ON my server for this month I can see 4 users and have managed to obtain a ping of the 4 ips.

Upon checking each one I have found one to be the same location with the rest far away from this one. Despite me blocking on my server, the person is still returning.

Will google definitely pick this up as invalid click?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You can add IP address exclusions in AdWords.

Are they clicking on ads?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Google does work hard to remove all invalid clicks, however if you have found illicit activities, than yes exclude them in Adwords.

Here is how to do it : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2456098

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

I wasn't aware of blocking at campaign level only on my server. They keep clicking on the same product on the shopping campaign from the same location. It isn't a bot as it gives the network provider name.

Even after blocking their first IP address on server they returned with another ip in the same location.

I have a high number of invalid clicks in last few days, comparing with previous days.

In fact today of 26 clicks, 12 are invalid - 31.58%. It's disheartening.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry I have now added both IPS I managed to find through my server, to the list within the settings in google adwords. Let's see if it works or not.