AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Insufficient match of microdata price information not giving error details

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We're getting

Insufficient match of microdata price information

with details of 40% of crawls within the last 7 days had a price mismatch.

However, when we proceed to Current issues > Items section, there isn't such an issue we can confirm (there're some other issues unrelated to the one above), making it hard to find out what's the cause.

Could anybody point me to the right direction? Thank you so much in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Insufficient match of microdata price information not giving error details

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Do you have microdata on your landing page?
Have you cross referenced the landing page price with the data feed price?
You can download a full report by clicking on the download button in the diagnostics tab, this will give you all issues and errors.

Hope it helps.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, we'll look into full issue report via CSV.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
You must have automatic availability and price checking turned on in your merchant center options. It uses the schema on your product pages to do live updates of prices and availability if they differentiate from what is in the feed. It's a great feature, keeps more of your products searchable. This won't trigger an account suspension or anything, it just keeps the automatic price updates from working. You'll want to check your schema (I would guess you have a plugin) and make sure it's being properly implemented on all of your product pages. You can use the structured data testing tool from Google: https://search.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Spike, thank you for yet another useful information.
However, turning on merchant center only resulted in stating "None of your items in the following countries are currently being updated due to certain warnings: xxx". Following "show warning" link, I came back to the same page without providing the error details.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Did you check the schema of your landing pages? That is what the "mismatch of microdata" warnings are about. Again, you seem to have automatic updates turned on, but those updates function by reading the schema code on your landing pages. If you don't have schema on those pages or it's not implemented correctly, you will get that warning.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@Mathias G I'm guessing you're looking into this for the business in your G+ page?

I checked them out. First, no Google Analytics. That's not your problem, but I would highly recommend implementing it, it makes it so much easier to track down problems and gives a much better experience with AdWords and Google Shopping. 

Next, I couldn't find any schema anywhere on the site, so that is why the automatic updates aren't working; without schema, Google has nothing to work with. There are plenty of good schema plugins out there, I would look for one that provides schema in JSON since that seems to be more and more the standard these days.