AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Including Both Sale & Non-Sale Items in Same Feed

N/A
# 1
N/A

Hello,

We're auto generating our feed from Magento.

Its sending all products from our catalogue - some will be on sale others will not.

How do I deal with non-sale items in the feed?

Currently we're sending :

<gSmiley Tonguerice>64.00</gSmiley Tonguerice>
<g:sale_price>0.00</g:sale_price>

And this is invalidating these products in the feed.

Is there any way around this?

Cheers,

Lee

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Including Both Sale & Non-Sale Items in Same Feed

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
if the sale price does not exist, you should not submit it.
So I recommend contacting the developer who assist in your tool to find out how to do this.

Currently sending 0.00 would mean its free, which essentially you can not do as you can not submit free products to Google Shopping.

Hope it helps.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Re: Including Both Sale

[ Edited ]
N/A
# 3
N/A

So does that mean we just leave the node out in the feed?

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you for your understanding.

Re: Including Both Sale

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
What it means is that if you do not have a Sale Price, the attribute in XML must be removed for that product / item

So answering with as a developer I would say, If sale price equals 0.00 than do not show sales price for this item.

Hope it helps.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’