AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Include GST (Australian Tax) on landing page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey, 

I've just had my shopping feed get suspended for "inaccurate prices (due to value added tax (VAT) related issues)". I spoke to google support and they seemed quite sure that the problem was that my ecommerce store displayed prices without GST, and only aded GST to the price once at the checkout. Their solution for me is to change all my prices so that GST is included in the store itself, for every displayed product and not just on the checkout page. 

Before doing this mammoth task i just wanted to double check as Google phone support can be a bit questionable and inconsistent depending on which operator you talk to. 

Can anyone (in their experience) confirm if i need to do this or not?

Thank you. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris 12345
August 2016

Re: Include GST (Australian Tax) on landing page?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Chris,

I have helped with many Australian sites using Google Shopping.

The prices on the site need to include GST for Google Shopping. Also, legally, if you are a retailer, you need to display GST inclusive prices.

Which CMS are you using? Usually you have a site-wide setting for including/excluding tax.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris 12345
August 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Chris,

I have helped with many Australian sites using Google Shopping.

The prices on the site need to include GST for Google Shopping. Also, legally, if you are a retailer, you need to display GST inclusive prices.

Which CMS are you using? Usually you have a site-wide setting for including/excluding tax.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Rob,

Thanks for your response, that echo's what Google said so i guess i'll be changing my prices then.

We're using Magento - ill have to do a little research but im sure there's a setting to do that.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for that Rob,

All sorted now, thanks for all your help.