AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Impossible to redirect Google Shopping to home country

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm currently in Japan and attempted to use Google Shopping.  All the results are from the local Japanese shops and there does not seem to be a way to redirect to my home country, the USA.  

I want to comparison shop and make a purchase and ship to my US address.

I am using google.com/ncr and not google jp.  I am using Chrome.

This is self defeating for the US merchants as they get no sales from Google Shopping.  It also does not help the local Japanese Google Shopping merchants as I will not use them.

This needs to be fixed.  Once I sign in, Google Shopping should direct to the US (or at least make it configurable...)

Robert Bodenhamer

1 Expert replyverified_user

Impossible to redirect Google Shopping to home country

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

What you are experiencing has been set in October 2016 and will most likely not be changed again. Google has made this decision without any public information.

Although Google employees do read these threads from time to time, it is recommended to leave Google feedback. To do this login to Google Merchant and in the top right corner you can leave feedback.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’