AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Im having trouble running Google Shopping feeds from Shopify

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I am using the Shopify Google Shopping app, and it seems all my products are right within it and i've published them all successfully to Merchant Centre - but this doesnt seem to set up a feed. I've had to create a scheduled fetch to a hidden (inactive) XML collection page that contains all my product code, but this seems to pull all variants of the product to Merchant Centre and the names arent correct. There has to be an easier way of setting up feeds than this? Why doesnt the app allow me to create a feed from this? 

If anyone has experienced this issue before or can shed some light on what i'm experiencing that would be great. I realise I havent been totally coherent, sorry!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
August

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If you want to create your own data feed than I recommend asking on the Shopify Forum how to achieve this and make sure you follow all guidelines as previously indicated, alternatively find a data feed management tool on Google Search to achieve your goals.

Hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I recommend to contact Shopify directly, ask the question on Shopify forum or search online. Alternatively follow the official guide here : https://www.shopify.com/guides/google-shopping-guide

If you want to use an XML feed, make sure to follow all guidelines here : https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7052112?hl=en

However with Shopify it's uncommon to use an XML from there system as the APP should do it correctly when you have set it up correctly, unless you are using a 3rd party management system.

Because we have no access to your account, we can't give any specific advice unless you are able to provide allot more details regarding your setup.

Hope it helps.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Emmanuel,

The Shopify APP is great! However, I spoke to one of their guru's and they said it doesn't support variation listings. 

Basically I sell cushions with either a poly fibre inner or a duck feather one and I wanted the XML feed to only pull the cheapest variation for shopping - however it doesn't seem to distinguish between them all. 

What I want to achieve is - to run a shopping feed from a hidden page on Shopify that uses my SEO titles (as specified on the product listing page in the back end), that can pull data updates and that only runs for one variant. Can you see a solution to this? I can give you whatever information you need to assist me - all help is greatly appreicated Smiley Happy

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
August

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If you want to create your own data feed than I recommend asking on the Shopify Forum how to achieve this and make sure you follow all guidelines as previously indicated, alternatively find a data feed management tool on Google Search to achieve your goals.

Hope it helps