AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

I need specific reason why my account is suspended.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My merchant center account is suspended due to policy violation: Google Shopping policies.
There are so many reasons under shopping policies. I have no idea which one it is.

I sell hats on my website. Please help me where and what i have to correct for make our items show on Google Shopping.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Hat D

Are you sure you have gone through below link and if you not violated any of them

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6149970?visit_id=1-636147409181980157-3227116612&rd=1

The suspension e-mail is sent to primary and technical email addresses. Kindly go through common reason for disapproval or fill the form below for account re-evaluation

https://support.google.com/merchants/contact/suspended?visit_id=1-636147409181980157-3227116612&rd=1...

You can also contact Google here for any additional information about your account if not mentioned in above link

https://support.google.com/merchants/#topic=3404818&contact=1

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Taranjeet,

this is the reason my account got suspended. Please help me to fix ... thanks,

UNTRUSTWORTHY PROMOTIONS (MISREPRESENTATION OF SELF OR PRODUCT) The online shopping experience offered through your website was considered unsatisfactory for Google Shopping users at this time. In determining whether a merchant or site is untrustworthy we may review information from multiple sources including your website, product listings, accounts and 3rd-party sources. Due to the sensitive nature of the review we are unable to provide further details. Finally, we encourage you to build a track record of good customer service.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Just to reinforce what Taranjeet posted, you should carefully review all the possible reasons you were suspended because the account is subject to permanent suspension, if it isn't already.

Once an account is suspended, Google has the right and sometimes the need to stop responding to communications from any particular account.  They are under constant bombardment by campaigns which violate terms of service (policy), and they do send instructions re: what to fix.  

So if the violation is egregious, persists over time, or occurs repeatedly, the account may be permanently banned and Google will no longer respond.  Otherwise, they would be locked in a never-ending loop corresponding with suspended accounts.

Therefore, you want to be as thorough as possible, because you only get so many shots at it.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hi,

In order for us to help you we will need more information. Please login to Google Merchant Center, click "diagnostics" under the main chart, and then click "account" under the "current issues" section. This should tell you why the whole account is disapproved (i.e. inaccurate tax information).

If that doesn't yield results then try logging into Google Merchant Center, clicking "diagnostics" under the main chart, and then clicking "items" under the "current issues" section. This should provide you a list of specific issues and which products are affected. Clicking the corresponding "learn more" link will provide customized feedback on that issue. 

If neither of these solutions create progress then please provide your website as that may help us troubleshoot as well.

Jim

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Hey,

So I checked out thehatdepot.com and here are some things that stuck out to me:

-blatant spelling and grammatical errors, which lower consumer confidence

-advertised as a New York based hat company even though it's located across the river in New Jersey

-there seem to be no reviews at all on the site, even on the "top selling" products. This is surprising given that it appears the site has been active for about a year.

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.